Mapping for touch OSC for iphone/traktor - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by ctrl.alt.crash View Post
    @Alientek

I agree that the Arovia map looks fantastic. I only wish there were something as good as this for the iphone! I use traktor scratch with technics 1210's and an external mixer, so my requirement really is centred around effects, cue points, tune-->deck selection and loop control for 2 decks.

I have also downloaded the custom iphone pack from touch-control.com
    The thing about the arovia maps is that it is so beautifully labelled and set out, and the ability to see my playlist would be the jackpot. Unfortunately i just cant scale it down! too much stuff!

any ideas for other resources i could check out? I dont know how to create my own maps...

Much thanks in advance

Ctrl.Alt.Crash
    Try my mapping, its optimized for 4 decks on the iPhone.

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18397

Also unfortunately there is no way to display the actual text from a playlist - the arovia mapping is using a fader control to display the position of the cursor within your music library. On a side note the keyboard he implemented is pretty friggin awesome. I dont think I have room to do that on the iPhone effectively and I already own a keyboard/mouse app that I am using in conjunction with my OSC mapping to do typing in the search bar.

Lightbulb

The Arovia setup was made to fit the iPad's screen size. I can think of two things you can try if you really like it and want to use it with the iPhone or iTouch.

1 - Try emailing the creator (contact info on his site) and inquire if he has made a version for it, and if not, maybe possibly making one with with less functions as required for external mixing. Some guys are happy to, some cannot be bothered to.

If no, then you could try the following.

2 - I strongly suggest taking a little time to poke around and learn the Touch Osc Control layout editor. By doing this, not only will you be able to get what YOU want, but you would then be able to make a controller for just about anything that can be controlled. It is actually pretty simple to figure out, and the manual is basic to follow. Then I would copy the elements you like from the Arovia layout, and paste and arrange them in a new iPhone sized layout. You can also change the color scheme or text size to better suit. Of course if you plan on sharing this I would get his approval first, and give him credit.

Peace...
    "MAY THE FUNK BE WITH YOU!"

Tech Student

Default Mapping for IPad and traktor

It is possible to have the complete set up x ipad with traktor thank you very much Savidino

Tech Convert

Hi all! thanks for all the kind words, i`m going to upload my new version 3.0 of my Arovia TPT template for iPad and also on for the iPhone aswell... free of course... the one for iPad will have midi out support so that you can change the faders, fx, play and so on, on your laptop and it will update on the iPad. Also for starting fx1 ( exemple ) on one page it, it will light up on all the other pages aswell.. this will also come to the iPhone template soon..

And for you who stealing my layouts!.. that`s ok =) like alientek said, if you planning to sharing it, please give me some kind of credit, and ask me first..

Best regards / Arovia

@Arovia
    Dude you are the best. Thanks a million.

Tech Convert

The TPT 3.0 is now ready to download at: www.arovia.se or here http://www.arovia.se/AroviaTPT3.0.zip

Best regards / Arovia

Tech Convert

Update: Traktor nano for iPhone, Traktor`s 12 for iPad and Kore 2 Controller for iPad up on arovia.se

Tech Wizard

Great stuff Arovia, so far I'm using the 'simple' template provided by touchOSC, I managed to map one slider and a button next to it to make a 'WOOOSHHH' sound. I used a tutorial provided by Armyofme4340, on youtube. I wish someone would create a template or show what combination effects you could put on and iphone or ipad, since I don't necessarily need a mixer layout due to the s4
    The name's gh0stline - Traktor Kontrol s4 - Midi Figther - iPhone 4 TouchOSC

Arovia... any tips for using your TouchOSC layout & mappings on a Windows machine? I'm kinda new to this.

Tech Convert

Make a template in TouchOSC Editor and save it then download

http://hexler.net/pure-data-patch-generator

and use it to make a puredata patch assuming you have midi yoke and puradata installed just open up puredata make sure you set the midi to midi yoke 1 and then open your patch you just made and run .

Making your own layout remember to keep in mind the size you may need things on the iPad its alot easier since you have a lot of room but on the iPhone making rotaries or faders to small may make things a lot harder to control.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast