Kontrol X1 as a stand alone controller - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I see that Kontrol X1 is a good solution when I will use also a mixer (that is in every club

I recently bought a Xone 22, now Im waiting for a Kontrol X1 to complete my setup, I think it will work properly. Never used the jogs on my Hercules RMX so I guess I wont miss them.
    Xone 22 -- Kontrol X1 -- A4DJ -- TPro -- 13" MBP

Quote Originally Posted by Gameboy View Post
    Never used the jogs on my Hercules RMX so I guess I wont miss them.
    Good point, I realized that I used my jogs mainly to control main FX level. It was more comfortable and quicker that turning knob left/right.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by armyofme4340 View Post
    actually it does have "jogs." It has 4 encoders, and jogs are just that encoders. I'm working a a good mapping for the x1, 4 decks, midi fighter, and some super knobs that have fx combos. i'll up it up when i'm done with it.
    I should stated "touch sensitive jogs"

please post up what you come up with --- i think your mappings are great stuff....im curious to see how you end up using the encoders. I personally think just using a rotary knob is a pain in the butt compared to a touchsensitve jog wheel.

Tech Student

I use the X1 and love it... personally I did it because I plan to run a hybrid set which later on the road will include CDJs. Personally I also want them there as backup. Never know when the computer's gonna take a poop

Tech Mentor

I use 1 x1 mapped for four deck control and use a m-audio x session as my mixer for four decks and works perfect. I also have mapping for 2 decks which consist of 1 x1 and m-audio where two of the slides are mapped as pitch controls which allows me to run out only one set of rca's and control my pitches on tracks that don't beat grid and my pitch bend buttons on the x session is mapped as fine 16th beatjump. If I am going to run more rca's than that and disconnect the cdj's from the mixer I would rather use time coded cd's then and use the x1 for effects and loops. I am trying to get away from disconnecting the main setup in the booth and just running one set of rca's to a unused channel. I also have mapping for x1 all in one,where second scene of midi is for mixing controls. Browser knobs are vol faders and effects knobs are eq's and filters, buttons next to them are kills for eq, snap and master are monitor cues and left hand loop knob is monitor vol and right is x fader. all the rest are the same but works great for not having to plug into the house mixer. If anyone wants any of these mappings let me know.

@ djkevind - those sound like really useful mappings for the X1.

I've wanted one just for two decks with EQ / Vol / etc as you describe it sounds perfect. Also a workable 4 deck, for the external mixer option is also great - I find a lot of booth's pretty short on space, and most of the time, taking 2 - X1's isn't practical.

I'd love both of these mappings if you could post them up

Cheers,

drex

Tech Student

Anyone have experience with using a VCI100 and an X1 controller?
    I would think it'd be quite functional, and I plan on using Traktor.. any ideas?

I think that all functions from X1 you can use on VCI, so in my opinion is not the best idea You only double functionality, but on other hand, of course you get some extra knobs and buttons.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12