Need midi mapping help! Please help!
    Tech Student

Default Need midi mapping help! Please help!

I really need help to understand midi mapping. I just got the Akai lpd8. It comes with an extremely uninformative manual, literally no help at all. In addition all the tsi.files I was able to locate online did not work for some reason. I have been trying with no success to make any headway trying to a) successfully midi map any single thing on my lpd8, or) locate any information that could help me to learn how to map something on traktor. Traktors online manual is not very helpful (what is which the instructions not matching what is actually on the screen, are they for an earlier version or something?, it is really annoying looking for buttons on traktor scratch pro that are not in the directions provided in the manual they provide you with online.) The learn function does not work for some reason. I am completely frustrated and need some guidance. Please help. thank you so much anyone that helps me even the slightest bit.

Simple clear cut steps are welcome, I am a complete and utter newbee. thanks again.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by mtroccola View Post
    I really need help to understand midi mapping. I just got the Akai lpd8. It comes with an extremely uninformative manual, literally no help at all. In addition all the tsi.files I was able to locate online did not work for some reason. I have been trying with no success to make any headway trying to a) successfully midi map any single thing on my lpd8, or) locate any information that could help me to learn how to map something on traktor. Traktors online manual is not very helpful (what is which the instructions not matching what is actually on the screen, are they for an earlier version or something?, it is really annoying looking for buttons on traktor scratch pro that are not in the directions provided in the manual they provide you with online.) The learn function does not work for some reason. I am completely frustrated and need some guidance. Please help. thank you so much anyone that helps me even the slightest bit.

Simple clear cut steps are welcome, I am a complete and utter newbee. thanks again.
    Try the Traktore Bible:
    http://www.traktorbible.com/en/traktorbible.aspx
    I'm reading it and it's Ok! Not so cheap but it rocks!