VCI-300 and Traktor 3 (basic mixing) - Page 14
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast

Just search the forums for sosik's or claudek's or nickyh's mappings. They have to be around here somewhere

But actually i would advise you to wait until the official DJTechTools VCI-300 mapping is finished and released, I'm sure you can trash all others for that one (no offense fellow vci-300 mappers )

MBP, 10.5.6, TPro 2.0.1, Kontrol S4, VCI-300, a bunch of other makes-nerds-happy-stuff
    ...and still haven't got the heart to get rid of my Turntables, Mixer and my Vinyls
    Reggae, Ragga, Dancehall, Chill Out, Dubstep, Breaks, Drum & Bass

Quote Originally Posted by FutureMedia View Post
    So where do we get the Tracktor Pro or Traktor Scratch Pro MIDI Map for the VCI-300? Any clues anyone? I am a newbie DJ but a Macintosh expert. Thanks in advance for any help forthcoming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morbido View Post
    Just search the forums for sosik's or claudek's or nickyh's mappings. They have to be around here somewhere

But actually i would advise you to wait until the official DJTechTools VCI-300 mapping is finished and released, I'm sure you can trash all others for that one (no offense fellow vci-300 mappers )
    Any idea how much longer before the Official Traktor Pro + VCI-300 map will be done by DJ TechTools? I'm thinking I should have bought the VCI-100 controller instead of the VCI-300. What do you think?

I guess the VFX-1 will make things more equal. But I can get the VCI-100 for $375 plus the Tracktor Pro upgrade for $119 so only about $500 total while I paid $730 for the VCI-300 & Itch. I'm confused about my decision making at a time when a bunch of new items are going on sale soon.
    Last edited by FutureMedia; 08-18-2009 at 04:27 PM.

Default Re: VCI-300 and Traktor 3 (basic mixing)

Quote Originally Posted by FutureMedia
    Any idea how much longer before the Official Traktor Pro + VCI-300 map will be done by DJ TechTools? I'm thinking I should have bought the VCI-100 controller instead of the VCI-300. What do you think?

I guess the VFX-1 will make things more equal. But I can get the VCI-100 for $375 plus the Tracktor Pro upgrade for $119 so only about $500 total while I paid $730 for the VCI-300 & Itch. I'm confused about my decision making at a time when a bunch of new items are going on sale soon.
    Actually i have no idea when the mapping is finished... But be patient (what an advice as i am impatient as well ) - the DJTT guys will come up with a genius mapping doing much more than we mortals can do

The VCI-100 is indeed a very nice controller, but i like the fact that the 300 got a souncard built in - another thing you don't have to carry around. It only comes down to personal preference, what sucks a bit is the lack of controls on the 300, but you can make it better by buying eg a nanopad or nanokontrol as complimentary controller. I wouldnt buy the vfx if you use traktor though, as its just a midi controller like the nanoseries, but itll cost much more. If youre using itch then id could be worth it, but if not...

What you shouldnt forget is that you need a soundcard with your vci-100, so it would cost about the same (with traktor admittedly).

I love traktor for the possibilities, but i also love itch as im a big fan of simplicity. And i think the feeling of itch is just great, i like spinning out with it. Therefore i think i made the right choice with my 300, but thats only my personal preference.

What style do you spin and how do you normally spin? Lots of fx? Electronic music? Or music where you need to get "more in touch" like hiphop scratching or music where you have big differences in bpms (like reggae, soca, jazz, whatever)?
    Do you beatmatch manually or do you sync your tracks?

MBP, 10.5.6, TPro 2.0.1, Kontrol S4, VCI-300, a bunch of other makes-nerds-happy-stuff
    ...and still haven't got the heart to get rid of my Turntables, Mixer and my Vinyls

Red face I'm Still A Beginner Looking For A Clue

Quote Originally Posted by Morbido View Post
    Actually i have no idea when the mapping is finished... But be patient (what an advice as i am impatient as well ) - the DJTT guys will come up with a genius mapping doing much more than we mortals can do

The VCI-100 is indeed a very nice controller, but i like the fact that the 300 got a souncard built in - another thing you don't have to carry around. It only comes down to personal preference, what sucks a bit is the lack of controls on the 300, but you can make it better by buying eg a nanopad or nanokontrol as complimentary controller. I wouldnt buy the vfx if you use traktor though, as its just a midi controller like the nanoseries, but itll cost much more. If youre using itch then id could be worth it, but if not...

What you shouldnt forget is that you need a soundcard with your vci-100, so it would cost about the same (with traktor admittedly).

I love traktor for the possibilities, but i also love itch as im a big fan of simplicity. And i think the feeling of itch is just great, i like spinning out with it. Therefore i think i made the right choice with my 300, but thats only my personal preference.

What style do you spin and how do you normally spin? Lots of fx? Electronic music? Or music where you need to get "more in touch" like hiphop scratching or music where you have big differences in bpms (like reggae, soca, jazz, whatever)?
    Do you beatmatch manually or do you sync your tracks?
    I'm just a beginner. I really have no idea what my style is. I think Itch 2.0 + the VFX-1 will more than make up for whatever Traktor Pro has going for it at my unsophisticated level of experience. Thanks for the quick reply. I'll just hang in there and get to know Itch 1.1 for the time being.

Default Re: VCI-300 and Traktor 3 (basic mixing)

Yep, thats what i would recommend -stay with Itch for the beginning, its as close as possible to the traditional Turntable paradigm. After you mastered it and feel the desire to do more fancy stuff (comes paired with the feeling of Itch being too limited) you could take a peek into Traktor - you'll gonna see a whole new world opening for you then

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by EanGolden View Post
    The attached file is not completely finished but very close. Please contribute your own changes and upload finished TKS files or new ideas here so we can collectively build a better mapping.

Thanks!

Ean

Tech Student

Hi Ean

Is this TKS meant to work in conjunction with the midi translator?

And also I have a problem downloading the preset file for the midi translator, or should I say my browser gives me an error and doesnt download anything.

please help.

Thanks

raffig

Quote Originally Posted by raffig View Post
    Hi Ean

Is this TKS meant to work in conjunction with the midi translator?

And also I have a problem downloading the preset file for the midi translator, or should I say my browser gives me an error and doesnt download anything.

please help.

Thanks

raffig
    That was a beta run, the beta is now closed - Traktor Pro has been released and we have moved over development to Traktor Pro instead.

Tech Student

hi there! help!!! - can't find file vci-300_2.bmte. everything that could be loaded in addition to traktor and mini.translator I did, but can't find this file anywhere(

well...

Quote Originally Posted by ukurki View Post
    hi there! help!!! - can't find file vci-300_2.bmte. everything that could be loaded in addition to traktor and mini.translator I did, but can't find this file anywhere(
    Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    That was a beta run, the beta is now closed - Traktor Pro has been released and we have moved over development to Traktor Pro instead.