VCI-300 and Traktor 3 (basic mixing) - Page 13
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Vci-300

Gotcha. So there's nothing wrong.

Tech Convert

Dear All,
    Greetings from Timor-Leste.

I'm having problems with setting up my VCI 300 with Traktor.

I have already installed the midi.translator and everytime i move a button on my Traktor Pro i see a blue light, I have then imported the .tsi file into traktor pro.

The problem is whenever i play a track it sounds like a chipmunk is singing.

I've tried to search for this problem on the forum, but i haven't found out.
    Can someone please help me solve this problem.

Thank You,
    Big B
    Dili, Timor Leste.

Tech Convert

Also i'm using windows Vista.

the mapping doesn't seem to work either.
    Can anyone tell me why?

if you take a look at the thread title you will notice that the threads called "vci-300 and traktor !3!" - so you can only use the provided mapping with traktor 3, not traktor pro.

first you should update your traktor pro via the NI Service Center to the latest version. then you should dump mini.translator - you won't need it with traktor pro.

next thing you should do is search the mappings forum for a nice mapping for your vci-300 and traktor pro. you should take a look at sosik's, nicky h's and claudek's mappings, they're really good.

all you have to do is set up your vci-300 with traktor pro (enabling input and output in midi settings and set things like your audio channels and your latency) and then import one of the mappings mentioned above.

next thing you should do after these steps is make a nice mixtape, post it in the mixes section of the DJTT forum and enjoy your vci-300

MBP, 10.5.6, TPro 2.0.1, Kontrol S4, VCI-300, a bunch of other makes-nerds-happy-stuff
    ...and still haven't got the heart to get rid of my Turntables, Mixer and my Vinyls
    Reggae, Ragga, Dancehall, Chill Out, Dubstep, Breaks, Drum & Bass

Tech Convert

Dear Morbido,

Thank you very much for your reply.
    I'm in the process of updating my Traktor Pro.

Is there any step by step process on how to setup my VCI 300 with Traktor Pro.

Or maybe a video?

Also do you know why my current configuration sounds like a chipmunk, even though i mapped claudek's .tsi file as well as am using a midi.translator

Tech Convert

I've somehow managed to make my traktor pro 1.0.1.070 work.. Meaning the mapping, etc.

But somehow the sounds still comes out as a chipmunk singing on every track.

Can someone please please tell me what is wrong, or is there some setting i need to check.
    Been trying to solve this problem for the past 2 days and i'm going nuts..

I hope someone can help me out or point me in the right direction.

If you're on Windows you should install ASIO4ALL (asio4all.com - you can read installation documentation there).

This should solve most of your audio problems. If it doesn't then you should post your audio configuration here on these forums.

Also - DON'T use mini.translator if you're on Traktor PRO, you only need it if youre using Traktor 3.

MBP, 10.5.6, TPro 2.0.1, Kontrol S4, VCI-300, a bunch of other makes-nerds-happy-stuff
    ...and still haven't got the heart to get rid of my Turntables, Mixer and my Vinyls

Default not sure how this works

not sure how this works, I've downloaded the mini translator, and tried to download tks onto my mac, does the mini translator already have a tks included, and if not the tks in this thread could not be opened on my mac. I do appologize as I am not a computer whiz and any assistance would be kind

Gregrrr

If you ask for help - please always include at least the following information:
    - OS version (10.4? 10.5?)
    - Traktor version

The .tks file is actually not for the mini.translator, but for Traktor 3 (it'll not work if you use Traktor Pro). This file has a mapping saved in it (which defines which button does what). You'll need to load it via the preferences window of your Traktor 3.
    For the mini.translator you'll actually need to load a .bmte file (just drag that one into the mini.translator window).

So where do we get the Tracktor Pro or Traktor Scratch Pro MIDI Map for the VCI-300? Any clues anyone? I am a newbie DJ but a Macintosh expert. Thanks in advance for any help forthcoming.
    Last edited by FutureMedia; 08-16-2009 at 03:11 PM.