VCI-300 and Traktor 3 (basic mixing) - Page 12
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast

you have to open mini.translator first - it'll open and you'll see a small window of the app. then you have to drag a file called something like "vci300.bmte" right onto the window of the opened app. that's all, it should work then.

for troubleshooting there's a small (unlit) blue dot right on the mini.translator window, if you have dragged the .bmte file onto mini.translator and have connected your vci-300 with your imac and move anything on the controller (jogs, buttons, faders, ...) then the blue dot should light up.

MBP, 10.5.6, TPro 2.0.1, Kontrol S4, VCI-300, a bunch of other makes-nerds-happy-stuff
    ...and still haven't got the heart to get rid of my Turntables, Mixer and my Vinyls
    Reggae, Ragga, Dancehall, Chill Out, Dubstep, Breaks, Drum & Bass

Tech Wizard

Default mini.translator help

Thanks for your reply. I've been trying to drag the vci-300pg1.tks file that was on the same page as the original mini.translator download page. So you're saying I was trying to drag the wrong file? Where do I get the vci300.bmte file? Also, I don't see a blue dot in my mini.translator window. I see a black dot right above the "preset". Is that what you're talking about? Thanks in advance for your help!

yep, sorry, didn't use the mini.translator quite some time - so i didn't really remember well

i mean exactly this black dot, if you twist a knob, push a button, turn the jog or do something similar on your vci-300 (while it is connected and the right file is loaded) then this dot should turn blue.

the vci-300pg1.tks file is the midi mapping file for traktor 3 - so unless you want to use traktor you don't need this file.

you can get the .bmte file here:
    http://www.djtechtools.com/2008/10/0...ased/#more-800
    there's also a installation guide.

MBP, 10.5.6, TPro 2.0.1, Kontrol S4, VCI-300, a bunch of other makes-nerds-happy-stuff
    ...and still haven't got the heart to get rid of my Turntables, Mixer and my Vinyls

Tech Wizard

I can't download the preset file (bmte) from the subscriber page where I downloaded the mini.translator. Here what I see when I try to download that file. MTEKEYNDJ TECHTOOLS mini.TranslatorLICN
    Ean GoldenSYMKVaD.™›0›„=<“u+75aTok i_,EЁ‘JŸ›"x{'kS]Cj+:
    %lXQ6&A™60z
    Nrf„̳Š1ޤcŸ2*#/d(?Uw‚MDATAN“
    /™$Q8f ”&ž—4Y6!V s~’SwwŽWwJ›F76‰]l9‚}ˆ
    S‘&L„My'z=|™˜‚˜ŽZppK淳P/›k%[Ȥ,›M`)x#…”ں)NU"M\Ÿdq8p6NsXA=i`1 :{˾[\€‰_›kJ_C~€\‹›R1Oy3Œɸx\hš Œ+sRd3RhY Œ²`)ML5D#ms!T 5xiF]7ZKQ]8/š%K+y3}}ŒMc<1~a @۰cCbȹ\uD1BŠ<6+]’ߝto;sd r-‡P‘nءNk9
    ‘)2Nè+}1žq*յ’•™a•S's%3 2<ai}‘4Ho›’Ϧҷm.†œ`•1žh’D` ?‰‹4‹.
    ѶJah`@ZHZ_‘Ÿ@†K*
    >}VKYr?~ԩ7•|[11eŠBENTL‹9j|3!.'=6œӻq`|8m ?SLQeZ^egUGPa]7–jŸ;“PxDf3(%v=]W*e\n
    ‰j€#E‚‹9UW"=kU•mxXѯAŽ[Ÿ|ōAU+I6‹’’hRgL$`v†m1r y=gœ0T*]‰/5.oԧԼL‡“m1|e‘•Ml|žA +wq*+Ldu›” –@&1c&ŠNx'lmŒQ2Wfio™L„.#L‘x ‚6DjVݍ ˜ghdV> >œ*–y.<@SJ•š&”‚wx…jƒZz%I&*5”xE{ $#ȝX +‚ŒlQ*(€:}'mϰ],bViA`ŽŸ1dY=~”/r0j^9 Q#R?Ed1\lD ™pi q‡k.J]unš ‹*E J%8"H)h%ot› OwB–%gc9rŒ U0˜&9pH‡X
    zb8+"&‘
    €Vryƒ!ƒB†'•Xd”NML5€)L h".–IUž-z{JO—Mœ^‹*€~*)v€>:\[QI0Hf‘a뽬Ÿ53Jk[`p•‘'ٝؾŽ– lO„_}——“#ּ••Ϸx^hvCJP{*qT G Šxžf[I= (z…oR0 “pxŸ
    * =ly.oGi]2~L1‰P A_m8l…pd1x1xA%h[‰^’ޤ"] GV)“': –œ8~-> †tC•3•'I*m„2*Šk„$Š= RzIo…‡ˆVœ
    r’€C! mĨ’4v,pםŽp zEIo]H%…x{!B˜sa(AAdx[߮.Of^G$•k#ֶY= MnwŴOœ7BOŒ yšf0–=†s* W’ƒ9UOŽ, ”mH‹‰*‡<F:žN%}
    __:Ms‰ J† nqoӧh[‰d†i
    Z#9(Z:—ػ_:a-™2\%P™Dp”eX85D\f‘=04ˆ…'“t ']Œ}—V>Ea"‰ qѻ eTO߻д–.jTzhoC”}ŽzžUf6m<Ž e“T’yНF„žʣ6#nU|/J™R.|q”™qŠ‡d(r’T:eRˆe&ƒM٨Я\ tpC‘Œ3œY5߱Uul3RluBD^v@U‹^+k —[U '€oU“
    1C'}Emz 'H}6™M5Š/‰Z5lU8~!0k† Yڼ @…sˆP—“…G[>fŒ:OBš`ASTrAԢ.%)A `V yv‹o D'h?–KR›90q'5& %֏…k}
    v„K†%š?lOO'+U8wG3%œƒ˜Ÿ4B I8S ‡‚,pŽK
    )/[™”ۨ‚—"?&ƒ0ZIԮ–ُūF ‡G 58v,ϫBhTuiƒNm5’FpEŒŸjmJ{M sGet|‘
    cA6C~5w?ŸM‡[QO …7
    R'‰‹‰.M šs?*KG*c6z=ǬcŽƒ„ ŠA2i>g>BWOpG^‚+Fei]4Z`^m*Ÿ" y€’z(1†M%~>”WX"3š5œFTC›T>Z @Ý=1^{WWL‚ƒybZaŸy!U’zj[q7g6z”žŸ3ݯt*ŠQ7ա |`CŽ@†'“*%R$†;(%… Is this a windows file? Ia'm a Mac user.

Tech Wizard

Default bmte file

I"m using a Mac. Is that file for Windows only?

nop, i'm using a mac myself

just don't normally click the file but right (or control) click it and choose save as and you should be fine.

Tech Wizard

I figured it out! You can't download the .bmte file using Safari. I tried downloading with Firefox and it worked. For whatever reason, it doesn't work with Safari. I got the blue light to come on in mini.translator following the directions for installation and setup. Thanks for your help! I've never mapped out a midi controller for a software. If there isn't a mapping file, how does one assign? I'd like to use my 300 with a few different softwares. I'm planning to buy MixVibes Cross. Is there a mapping file for it and how would I install it. I'm also using Disco XT and DJ1800. If there's a tutorial on how to assign these controls, I'd appreciate any help you could give me. Thanks again....Steve

it also works on safari, but not with a simple click, only by right-clicking and choosing save as...

mapping a midi controller totally depends on what software you wanna use - so i'm afraid but i can't help you with mapping your 300 with mixvibes. i'd suggest you to go to the mixvibes forum and ask them if they have got a mapping for your controller

personally i only use itch and traktor - so if you have questions about mapping your controller for traktor then feel free to ask.

never used mixvibes though, so i guess someone else has got to help you!

Tech Wizard

Default mini.translator help

I found one problem with the VCI-300 and mini.translator. It won't read the "Master" volume knob (Knob 14 in the Manual diagram) or the "Monitor" volume knob (Knob 16). Every other knob, slider and button is being read. Any suggestions?

that's because the vci300 has got a soundcard built in. and these knobs directly control the output volume of the soundcard. that's why these knobs don't send midi messages