VCI-300 and Traktor 3 (basic mixing) - Page 11
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast
    Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

I thought that on the VCI-300 it doesn't send a note when it's touched. Are you sure about this, Morbido (ps.. I could be wrong, I don't have a VCI-300)
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

actually because everyone says it sends no note you all make me think about my sanity...

i'll take a look, i have to be sure that i'm sane!

edit:
    ok, i checked it and i'm reeeally glad i'm not completely insane
    if you touch the left jog you'll get a midi note B5, if you push it you'll get a midi cc 64
    if you touch the right jog you'll get a midi note C6, if you push it you'll get a midi cc65

maybe you guys have to adjust the sensibility of the touchsensors?
    Last edited by Morbido; 01-16-2009 at 02:02 PM.

MBP, 10.5.6, TPro 2.0.1, Kontrol S4, VCI-300, a bunch of other makes-nerds-happy-stuff
    ...and still haven't got the heart to get rid of my Turntables, Mixer and my Vinyls
    Reggae, Ragga, Dancehall, Chill Out, Dubstep, Breaks, Drum & Bass

Thnx so far..
    Gotta try that because i only get the cc, must be the sensitivity then,
    Last edited by 10us; 01-16-2009 at 03:07 PM.

just put up the sensibility and try it, or try to touch the platter with your full hand (which is a bit tricky because you mustn't move it while doing that or it'll send out the cc message)...

MBP, 10.5.6, TPro 2.0.1, Kontrol S4, VCI-300, a bunch of other makes-nerds-happy-stuff
    ...and still haven't got the heart to get rid of my Turntables, Mixer and my Vinyls

Good tip! Finally can scratch a bit now, need some adjusting tough, what are youre settings in traktor pro for scratch?

i don't really use scratch in tpro (if you did try to scratch a little bit in itch and saw how it could work you will be totally disappointed by the scratch function in tpro).

but think claudek did a post on that topic somewhere around here... he even posted his settings which are quite good as far as i can remember...
    can't remember right now where it is, but i guess the search will bring it up quite quick (the topic was something like "scratch in tpro like in itch")...

I thought you meant when you touch the side(s) of the jog wheels - not the top.

Morbido is right - you get 2 notes on each jog wheel when you touch the top.

The B5/C6 are also set when you release the top of the wheels.

I've managed to get scratching pretty good with TPro & the 300 but can't find a way to get the song to continue playing after you stop scratching yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky H View Post
    I've managed to get scratching pretty good with TPro & the 300 but can't find a way to get the song to continue playing after you stop scratching yet.
    mind to share your settings? i decided to enable scratching in my mapping too, so i would be glad about some good settings

I got also some troubles to continue playing the track after scratching..

Tech Wizard

Default VCI-300pg1.tks

Please pardon my ignorance but I've been trying to drag the VCI-300pg1.tks into mini.translator and it's not working. I'm using an iMac and I followed the directions trying to drag this file into the mini.translator application in my applications folder. When I drag the file over the mini.translator icon in my applications folder, it doesn't turn blue to let you know you can drop it in there. Can somebody help me with this. I'd like to use my VCI-300 with some other software, namely MixVibes Cross. I've used their demo software and like it alot.