VCI-300 and Traktor 3 (basic mixing) - Page 10
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    Tech Guru

cool..I am working and almost finished a 4 deck mode and some things can/will be improved if I get the requests and time so I can work it in.

Tech Wizard

yeah cool but i was and i will stay at 2 decks - maybe i could give you some advises to improve your 2decks mapping - lets see

Hi guys,

I'm a newbie here but was hoping you could help me - i'm trying to hook up my 300 to Traktor Pro.

I have installed the mini.Translator and asio4all and all is going well - sound works fine with cue etc.

But it's as if the translator isn't working in Traktor - if I don't select the 300 as a midi input device in Traktor Midi Setup the 300 will not work.

When the 300 is selected I can map everything except the pitch sliders and the top of the scratch wheels - which obviously is to do with the midi signal coming from the 300 directly and not being converted.

I have the blue light in the mini.Translator window when I press anything - my mini.Translator settings are the same as OZR's here : http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/att...0&d=1231166558

Any ideas?

I'm working on a tsi - got most things working and i've it all commented up -i'll gladly share as soon as I can figure out why the mini.Translator isn't working.

Thanks

Did you enable "mini.Translator 1 Virtual Out" as Midi-Input in Traktor? And did you disable the VCI as Midi-Input?

MBP, 10.5.6, TPro 2.0.1, Kontrol S4, VCI-300, a bunch of other makes-nerds-happy-stuff
    ...and still haven't got the heart to get rid of my Turntables, Mixer and my Vinyls
    Reggae, Ragga, Dancehall, Chill Out, Dubstep, Breaks, Drum & Bass

Yeah has to be something with your settings..

Hehe, damn i'm stupid

I didn't have the translator running at the same time as traktor :eek:
    Thought it was some kind of driver that you just set once...

All working now - except...

Did anyone work out how to get the track to continue playing after scratching when you lift your hand? Minor thing - im a house dj but would like it there if possible.

I didnt got that working, but could be also that mine was broke, today i get a new one,
    good service btw..

Ok well i got now a brand new vci-300 again, but i still only get one midi channel from the jog, can someone test if this is right. I got cc64 (left jog) and cc65 (right jog).

From the actual jogs (the sides) I get:

cc64 (left jog) and cc65 (right jog)

Yep, only 1 on each

but the vci has to send another note if you just gently touch the jogs - it won't send a cc, but it'll send a midi note (don't know the exact one by heart)...

every jog sends a midi note when touched and a midi cc when pushed in any direction.

MBP, 10.5.6, TPro 2.0.1, Kontrol S4, VCI-300, a bunch of other makes-nerds-happy-stuff
    ...and still haven't got the heart to get rid of my Turntables, Mixer and my Vinyls
    Reggae, Ragga, Dancehall, Chill Out, Dubstep, Breaks, Drum & Bass

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast