Controlling two programs
    Tech Convert

Default Controlling two programs

Hey, I'm pretty new to controllers so this may be a stupid question but I'm planning on getting an apc40 and want to know if its possible to control both Ableton and Traktor simultaneously with it.

By that I mean with a button press (or a few button presses) would it be possible while controlling Ableton to switch the device over to control Traktor so for example instead of the grid controlling Ableton clips it triggers cue points in Traktor?

I know you can use midi-ox/midi yoke to make a controller work with more than one program, but i'm not sure the python script for the apc40 would still work, so you might loose some features. In the next few days i'll test it out with my launchpad to see if it still works, and i'll let you know.

Tech Convert

Thanks, the reason I want this is so I could control a drum rack in ableton or other drum pad software while using Traktor, so I'd probably need the python script to do this

I don't think you would need it. Pretty much all the script does is control the red box in ableton, and a few other little things. If you just want to control a drum rack it should work fine.

Tech Convert

Would I not need note mode for the drum rack, I thought this was a feature of the python script?