VCI-100 wobbly crossfader? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

If all other controls are working apart from the X-fader, maybe it's a physical problem with your actual X-fader and the circuitry involved.

Like Ean asked, does this only happen in Traktor?

yeah, as we suspected, it is independent of Traktor. just plugging it into my MacBook Pro and tapping the crossfader to the right it immediately starts hiccuping data without Traktor running.

firing up MIDI Monitor, i see the erroneous data there as well. it looks like Traktor is just acting as it is instructed - the crossfader provides quite a lot of varying data. below is a screenshot of the MIDI Monitor output, at this point the crossfader was already at the extreme right and i just tapped it with my thumb pushing it to the right. you can see the resulting datastream is all over the place.

same story with a different cable, on a different machine or on a different machine with a different cable - all signs point to a whacked crossfader.

interesting, even if i change the curve of the cross fader to flat, making a virtual 3-position switch the right edge of the crossfader still hops around from value 127 (full-on) to 64 (mid).

if only i could point vestax to my forum post to explain my issue...
    :0)

cheers for all the suggestions

You should! Vestax has a lot of respect for this place and this would be a great way to explain and substantiate your issue. Send them the post, and tell them Ean sent you ;-)

wrote vestax with a brief description of the problem and pointed them to the this forum post. hopefully i can get the crossfader repaired - the whole issue is ironic since i was going to try and resell the unit anyways as i had ordered a VCI100 SE, never simple right...

looking at my tracking info from djdeals.com, i received the unit on the 16th of april of 2007, which is cutting it far too close with the warranty.

ean - might you know a better point of contact at vestax, info@vestax doesn't seem to be scaring much up and the forum is all but a ghost town.

Tech Guru

vestax customer service is hardly known to be the best in town and your warranty is somewhat defunct at this point :\ so i'm thinking you might need to purchase a new cross fader if thats possible...

Default found some options

if only i could find a crossfader

i found a support email address via google linked off djdeals, vci-100 at vestax.jp, i'll give that a try and also hit up vestax US customer service 800-994-4984 and if all of that fails i'll just try and send it to a local service center http://www.vestax.com/v/info/support...ce_center.html

I found the best way of dealing with Vestax is getting chummy with the service guys. They tend to be able have contacts with Vestax who can actually help solve your problem.

I personally have not had good dealings contacting Vestax direct, and going though the service guys yields results.

spot on bentosan, having never received a response from vestax directly, i started ringing local vestax service centers and settled on virtual sound technologies in pasadena. just shipped it off for repair and it sounds as though i may get a firmware update to boot.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast