New MacBook Pro

Thread: New MacBook Pro

Tech Wizard

Default New MacBook Pro

Hey guys! I just got a new MacBook Pro and love it! It is the newest update (about 2 weeks old) and I couldn't be happier. It is a 15" with a quad core i7 processor running at 2.2 Ghz and has 500gb of storage and 4gb of ram. I made an unboxing video for anyone interested, and please, as this is my first video, i would love any tips or pointers for future videos. I love unboxing vids, so that's why I posted it. Hope you guys like it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4suOkXixCR0

Mods, if this is not allowed, please feel free to remove. I just wanted to let people in on the cool experience of opening up a new computer! Cheers guys!
    Last edited by mfuchs19; 11-08-2011 at 03:56 PM.

Tech Wizard

Hmm. Yummy. 4GB sound slike a lot, but I'd recommend getting 8GB if you can budget it later on. I love my MBP, but I think an iMac is in the works for the house.

Tech Wizard

Yeah I'm definitely looking into getting 8 gigs of ram and when SSD prices come down in a year or two, I'll upgrade to that also.

Tech Wizard

Yea. What most of us do now is remove the CD drive and stick the SSD in there. I have an external cd/dvd burner for when I really need to use one.

Tech Mentor

SSD's are general win. Biggest upgrade you can put in a computer. Just waiting for them to get $1 per gb, so I can put a few more and raid them in my desktop.

Ram is always a fun upgrade. 8gb is a lot of ram, so maybe you can make a 2gb or so ram drive.

Tech Wizard

Default Re: New MacBook Pro

Haha its funny you say that, an optibay alternative has been in my shopping cart on amazon for just over a week now
    "My friend's cat's hairdresser's botanist told me so." -Newg

Tech Wizard

Default Re: New MacBook Pro

I think what ill do is use a 64 gig ssd for my program files and the hdd for storage
    "My friend's cat's hairdresser's botanist told me so." -Newg

Quote Originally Posted by mfuchs19 View Post
    I think what ill do is use a 64 gig ssd for my program files and the hdd for storage
    Sounds like a good plan Congrats on your new MBP!

Tech Wizard

I am in love with this machine. I put up a review for my buddy a few states away and thought that this might help anyone on the border of making the decision. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0s2NkB8wuyI

nice review