What else do you do? - Page 10
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Fastest I've ever been on a motorcycle was 105, but that was on dirt so that has to count for something extra.
    Fastest ive been in a car was 125mph, not so fast really.
    The stupid thing was it was on a stretch of motorway that had the speed limit reduced to 50mph (we call them Contraflows).

I got busted and received a letter telling that i had been caught by a new (back then) digital camera. Apparently it was a test camera and it had caught hundreds of drivers the same weekend but because it was a "test" they could not prosecute.

If they had prosecuted it would have been an instant ban and my licence revoked for a few years.

Not proud.

Tech Mentor

105 on the dirt is pretty danged fast. I am building a new dragbike that should go at least 215 mph in the quarter mile, but so far its more dream than reality.

I can say I have gone faster without a bike than you have gone on yours. I wrecked at 140+ mph this summer on the bike in the picture, and completely separated at that speed.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Fastest ive been in a car was 125mph, not so fast really.
    The stupid thing was it was on a stretch of motorway that had the speed limit reduced to 50mph (we call them Contraflows).

I got busted and received a letter telling that i had been caught by a new (back then) digital camera. Apparently it was a test camera and it had caught hundreds of drivers the same weekend but because it was a "test" they could not prosecute.

If they had prosecuted it would have been an instant ban and my licence revoked for a few years.

Not proud.

this guy got a ticket on camera and was barely 2 mph below the instant ban speed.

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/10/16/s...hile-crashing/

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Ive been done 4 times for speeding.

Twice in one week by the same camera doing 34 in a 30 zone. One time was cus i was excited going to Glastonbury festival but forgot my hoody and was going back for it.

I had 9 points at one time and got caught again. You get banned for having 12 or above but luckily 3 expired by the time the next 3 were applied to my licence. Lucky escape.

I currently have ZERO points and have not been caught for many years.

Im not actually a fast driver, ive just been caught going just over the limit each time.

Thing is though, i hate when people complain about speed cameras and getting fined for doing 3mph over the limit. If you speed and get caught, man up and take the points.

Tech Wizard

I'm a semi-pro trumpet player.
    I stay immersed in reading scientific stuff and watching Modern Marvels.
    Top Gear fanatic.
    I am a car guy. Race them, wrench on them, and generally destroy them.
    Math is fascinating to me. I'm an engineering major, so I guess that makes sense.
    I'm a Phi Mu Alpha.

Tech Mentor

Study-ing engineriing at milano and to relax myself i do this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPjhVWak-TE

Milan Mokeys yooooooooo

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910