APC40 + Launchpad users!! How are you doing with your LEDS? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Regarding the LED rings; you've different states for them. Just like the colored buttons (1 for green, 3 for red, etc) you also have a state for the LED rings.

It's something like this: 1 panning mode, 2 single stripe 3 volume mode, or something like that (just experiment with these numbers, I believe there are 3 or 4 modes).

Don't forget that if you have CC40 as the note for your rotary, the signal for the led is always +8 (so in this case, that's CC48). Always add 8 to control the led lights.

@Zac, until now I still use the dumb mode (what seems to be your solution), somehow I guess akai will have to set some firmware update on this, so that you'll be able to switch 'modes'.

Else, Traktor just need to have a good solution on that send state option, but for now that dumb mode is exactly what I needed to have full control over all lights, big thanks to you
    Last edited by Timmio; 06-16-2010 at 06:28 AM.

Tech Convert

Awesome thanks Timmio, your'e the man! Would you mind sharing your tsi or a picture of one. I have all the functions mapped to what I use in Traktor, but I know that the APC can do so much more. I would like to see what you have going on. I'll post mine as well.

Hi, it's no problem to post my TSI as well (need to get it from my music pc first then), but the thing is that I've it not even nearly fully figured because I've also got a Reloop DJII on the side, and i'm using the APC for looping and effect stuff. But of course I can still share it..

Meanwhile you should check out: http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...d.php?t=101467

That guy has it fully (and then I mean extremely!!) configured. All functions are available for 4 decks having only a APC40, he also included a overlay which you print out (check the 2nd page).

If you use that TSI, you will see the true power of APC40&Traktor (unleash the dragon!), check out the movie he made as well!

(you might need to set the APC to that dumb mode first)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12