Less than a week (VMS4). What to do? - Page 3
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

LOLZ!

You sure? I mean, the VCM-600 did not get my approval in the past.
    (Though the MIDIfighter, MPD24 and ofcourse BCR got my approval.)
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by pilmat View Post
    Do you really think it is going to be that good? I might be too sceptacle, but the too good to be true adage (cheap AND good quality) concerns me. How can it be full blown with a good sound card with 4 channel Traktor for $500?
    Midi is Midi, as far as I'm concerned. The true test is going to be the feel. Then again, I would keep using my current soundcard, so having one in the unit is like wasted $$ for me...
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets

Not so sure its a got a great soundcar, look at the specs:

• 24-bit 48 kHz analog audio
    • 16-bit 44.1kHz USB audio
    • 10-bit resolution on all analog fader controls
    • THD <0.1%*
    • Channel separation >60dB*
    • S/N ratio >85dB*

Now compare to say an Echo AudioFire 2:
    * Frequency Response: 10Hz-20kHz, ±0.1dB
    * Dynamic Range: 114dB A-weighted
    * THD+n: <0.002% A-weighted
    * Nominal Output Level: +4dBu or -10dBV (software configurable)
    * Maximum Output Level: +17.2dBu
    # 24 bit data resolution maintained throughout signal path
    # Multiple standard sampling rates supported: 32k, 44.1k, 48k, 88.2k, 96k

The THD on the VMS4 looks not so good and if you are using with Traktor - so USB audio path is only 16bit and 44.1K!

Really need an unbiased review of this when it comes out. If the controls are good, it might make a great midi controller with an emergency backup sound card included
    17" MBP:2.66Ghz i7 8Gb| Traktor Pro 2|Live 8 Suite
    Novation Twitch & LaunchPad|M-Audio Oxygen 25
    Presonus FireStudio Mobile|Shure 315's|Yamaha HS50M's
    "“beatmatching” isnt even a fucking skill as far as im concered anyway. so what, you can count to 4. cool. i had that skill down when i was 3."-deadmau5

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

It looks like the bundled software has changed from Traktor to VirtualDJ.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Yeah....i am big on the FEEL of a product.

If its feel cheap....plastic....or unrobust....i will skip purely for that alone.

As Zak says....its all midi.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Virtual DJ? Whyyyyyy

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Dunno. The still show Traktor vids on the webpage but it clearly states Virtual DJ is bundled. One of the NI Moderators is a demo dj for the VSM4, she wont use VDJ for sho.

Tech Guru

Those jogs are the only thing that makes it look like a toy....I wish they would have come up with a cooler concept. Seems like a nice unit otherwise...not sure of the brand though. Anyone any products from them...I always thought of them as a similar brand to Gemini?
    :: Kontrol Z2 :: :: Technics 1200 :: :: Pioneer DJM 250 :: Kontrol X1 MkII :: :: Maschine :: :: Kontrol S4 ::

first i was excited about the vms but when i layed my hands on it at the messe my view got more down-to-earth. yes it has a ton of controls but it's reeeeaallly heavy, the jog make it indeed look like a toy. overall i seriously was thinking of buying one before the messe, but with the size and toyish look, along with two mic ins, which i dont need, i wont buy one. the analog mixer with this many midi controls is sweet though..

at the messe it was set up with trakor (funnily engough in the light section) and only cans, so i cannot say anything about its soundcard..
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Dunno. The still show Traktor vids on the webpage but it clearly states Virtual DJ is bundled. One of the NI Moderators is a demo dj for the VSM4, she wont use VDJ for sho.
    Yeah, it was the vids from NativeGirl(Fresh Fluke) that made me like this controller more and more! She showed that she had done some extensive mapping with the VMS, and was going to share them. Haven't seen it though.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast