April 2010: Do the VCI-300 jogs/faders work with TPRO or Not? - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Doh... there IS a new VCI 300 on the way but from memory the only changes where to the soundcard outputs and things like crossfader curve.

I coould be wrong about all that but i defo dont remember anything about improvements like more knobs in fact im sure its physically the same beast.

You bought right with 100 mate.

The 300 just isnt right for Traktor (you use Traktor ?) as it is. Just doesnt have the knobs.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post

I mean if NI would get this sorted with Hi Res jogs it would be awesome.
    A VCI 300 and and X1 would be a killer setup (cus the 300 is lacking knobs).

+1000

Make it happen!!!!!!!!!!

Im actually composing that very email tomorrow.

Gonna put the case forward for the 300.

Others have done it before but im going for the angle of using the 300 with an X1 and Traktor Pro.

I havent investigated the this whole issue of hi-res jogs at all so i could be pissing in the wind but ...

I know its Itch affiliated but somethings gotta give with the hi-res business. Doesnt have to be about the 300 or Itch or all that politics.

Tech Guru

man, i've got two X1's and I've used them with TT 1200's and a mixer. I've used them along side the VCI, and also alone with a Xone 42, and after those three set-ups, the most ideal and perfect solution would be with a small controller that has high resolution jogs. Its the best of both worlds and opens the door for a bunch more options. Hell the VCI's "FX" unit cost 250.00 bucks and its NOTHING next to an X1.

also if NI supports the 300. When a person buys an X1 they get Traktor LE, correct? A standard mapping thats available for the 300 would make a great combo package.
    Last edited by haze324; 05-16-2010 at 06:26 PM.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Yes I use Traktor and it's obvious that this will not simply be a new 300 or even 100, but an un-holy melding of the two that will make DJ's across the globe drool. Ahhh, never mind no company in any field is actually brave enough to build what people really want. I can see the big wigs at Vestax now, slightly waving their hand, this isn't the VCI you were looking for.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by haze324 View Post
    man, i've got two X1's and I've used them with TT 1200's and a mixer. I've used them along side the VCI, and also alone with a Xone 42, and after those three set-ups, the most ideal and perfect solution would be with a small controller that has high resolution jogs. Its the best of both worlds and opens the door for a bunch more options. Hell the VCI's "FX" unit cost 250.00 bucks and its NOTHING next to an X1.

also if NI supports the 300. When a person buys an X1 they get Traktor LE, correct? A standard mapping thats available for the 300 would make a great combo package.
    One thing is for certain, NI will not bundle a VCI300 tsi with any product.
    They wont make a tsi for the 300, its just like that.
    JUst like they wont make a tsi for the A&H DX. Its stepping on others toes.
    Politics and legality. Thats whats in the way.

What is needed is for hi-res jogs to be supported like hi-res pitch faders and for someone else to make the tsi.

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Yes I use Traktor and it's obvious that this will not simply be a new 300 or even 100, but an un-holy melding of the two that will make DJ's across the globe drool. Ahhh, never mind no company in any field is actually brave enough to build what people really want. I can see the big wigs at Vestax now, slightly waving their hand, this isn't the VCI you were looking for.
    Dude i did read about the new VCI 300. Its got nothing new to worry about.

Vestax is busy bringing out a new version of the Spin/Typhoon every other week to care about making a truly great controller.

Tech Guru

One thing is for certain, NI will not bundle a VCI300 tsi with any product.
    They wont make a tsi for the 300, its just like that.
    JUst like they wont make a tsi for the A&H DX. Its stepping on others toes.
    Politics and legality. Thats whats in the way.

What is needed is for hi-res jogs to be supported like hi-res pitch faders and for someone else to make the tsi.

what we REALLY need is a A&H DX, the jogs on the 300 a bunch of electrical and duct tape, maybe some crazy glue to make sure they are on tight....and then for NI to support the hi-res jogs and we are money!!!!!

the dx's jogs are not hi res. the way they were able to make the dx function with 4 decks on one computer - was ditching the hi res.

being an itch fan i think if you really need the hi res scratching the route to go is with the v7. yes with 4 decks you need 2 computers BUT i have ran itch with an ns7 near flawlessly with a fucking shit ass pentium 4 machine with 1 gb ram. so you can easily spend a grand (probably less) and have 2 primed laptops that will run itch with no problem with 2 v7s giving you 4 decks of hi res scratching.

Tech Guru

Ok... deep breath.

Its fucking brilliant. Scratching and beat juggling is a 1000 times more accurate and than wi the VCI 100 and Traktor.
    128 times more accurate actually, lol!

Yeah man, tell me about it. Why do you think I've been so obsessed with the idea of NI getting the hi-rez midi right for jog encoders? A controller like the VCI-300 being fully functional with TPro plus an X1 would be a freakin monstrous combo.

Itch is really quite amazing response-wise. I love that, and I like the simple interface, but as a customizer (absolutely essential to what I do), the lack of configurable controls make it a no-go. It doen't even have a simple midi clock. If NI sort out the 14 bit thing, I might very well be sold on a VCI-300. I've got other controllers to deal with fx and whatnot.

Glad you approve of the 7bit workaround. Sounds ok to me too. But just ok.
    Last edited by Zac Kyoti; 05-17-2010 at 04:33 AM.
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets

Realistically (this coming from someone that doesn't know anything about self-builds), how difficult would it be to take the jogs out from the 300 and incorporate them into a custom contoller if the high res aspect is the best part about them? I have a 100se but this is all very intriguing as I'm learning to scratch as we speak and have been having to try and apply all the tutorials to the VCI 100 somehow and it's not always possible with some of the exercises with the jogs the way they are, I was finding tears especially difficult.
    MBP, 15.4", Ableton Live 8 Suite, Novation Remote SL, Pioneer XDJ-RX, Traktor, VCI 100SE!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast