April 2010: Do the VCI-300 jogs/faders work with TPRO or Not? - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Works..!

You got it just right. I upped the Rotary Acceleration a bit but Sensitivity around 25 feels very similar to the VCI 100.

I added a few things such as faders and transport and i can use it as effectively as the VCI 100.

Having a little trouble with the right jog wheel. It feels a bit delayed like that old VCI 100 FW 1 problem but i think it may just need setting up better.

As far as i can see this will make the VCI 300 work with Traktor at least as well as the VCI 100.

Soundcard sounds ok to me through my Zero4 and KRKs but im not at high volume .

Id say a job well done. Hopefully will have some time to pad out the tsi and i might use the 300 at my monday gig..!

Well done mate.

So... ive been messing with this VCI 300 with Serato Itch.

Ok... deep breath.

Its fucking brilliant. Scratching and beat juggling is a 1000 times more accurate and than wi the VCI 100 and Traktor.

I mean if NI would get this sorted with Hi Res jogs it would be awesome.
    A VCI 300 and and X1 would be a killer setup (cus the 300 is lacking knobs).

Now dont get me wrong, everything in Itch above the waveforms is shit. Sorry, really sorry but the browser is rubbish. Id go as far as to say as it unusable for someone like me who uses lots and lots a of different playlist in playlist folders and need to access them quickly without getting confused.

But the wide waveform is really good and very clear. The decks are pretty bad but if i throw a towel over the laptop and just use the VCI 300 like vinyl its a joy to use.

As it stands using the 300 with Traktor (not hi res) is a bit of a false economy cus there just not enough knobs. The VCI 100 rules here but id gladly go VCI300 & X1 for hi res.

Had a look around Itch and i dont think you can reassign the midi so that you could change the mapping?

Anyway, im kinda thinking out aloud here so er... yeah

Come on, no one has taken a pot shot a Karlos for this one?!? I was ready to read a serious thrashing and never expected a "fucking brilliant!".

The waveform IS good. That stacked form is even sweeter with 4 channel.

I don't understand why you hate the file structure though. Is the crate system?

And x-nay on the anging-chay of the controls in Itch, however there seem to be some possibilities with gerry-rigging the keystokes through bomes...

Phil.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

Lol yeah Phil i was expecting some stick.
    But listen, ive always said i like SSL , its a quality product. Just cus i use Traktor etc doesnt mean i cant be objective.

However Itch is massively lacking in features and usability which i trust will be all sorted in the next version. When is that out by the way???

In all honesty i havent actually read the manual properly yet so i should defer my opinion a bit on the Crate system although its does seem a bit messy for me. I dont like the loop feature or how its displayed and the sync feature and timestretch is not as good as Traktors.

i guess the current Itch is basically SSL without decks.

What i am surprised about is just how tight the VCI 300 and the waveform are.
    It rips the VCI 100 apart.

New avatar for Karlos?
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxOne View Post
    New avatar for Karlos...
    I just burst out laughing (people in the house think I just lost my mind, maybe I did)!!!!!

+ 1 000 000

Phil.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

I have seen the light.
    check sig.

*Disclaimer: I havent seen the light. I am in love with Traktor. Cut me and i bleed 2khz Timecode. Traktor For Life.

It's like seeing Gary Neville in a Manchester City shirt :eek:
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxOne View Post
    It's like seeing Gary Neville in a Manchester City shirt :eek:
    What a great way of putting it..!

Bit like Damon Albarn singing for Oasis.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I just bought a VCI-100. I'm getting a pretty good feel for it. It's not paid for yet, but in 60 days it's all clear. I would suspect in about 75 days a newer, better super VCI-1300 (or whatever you want to call it) that combines the best features of the 300 and the 100 will be announced. At least that's how things usually work out for me.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast