Traktor and Ableton
    Tech Student

Default Traktor and Ableton

Greetings, after awhile I got Traktor all synched up with Ableton but now I have an issue with mapping my controller through Ableton (I'm not even sure if that's possible) but I'd like to effectively use Belvario's smart-mixer but I'm not sure how to make it work

I appreciate any advice

Quote Originally Posted by Wolk View Post
    Greetings, after awhile I got Traktor all synched up with Ableton but now I have an issue with mapping my controller through Ableton (I'm not even sure if that's possible) but I'd like to effectively use Belvario's smart-mixer but I'm not sure how to make it work

I appreciate any advice
    the "smart mixer" is just a way of setting up some effects in ableton to "make room" for extra sound isn't it? so what has that got to do with controllers?

you can certainly map basic controller controls using the ableton learn feature.

if using with traktor though... are you routing the audio out from traktor into ableton (using virtual audio cables)? if not then the smart mixer thing isnt going to help all that much when you mix ableton stuff over traktor ofc.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by zestoi View Post
    the "smart mixer" is just a way of setting up some effects in ableton to "make room" for extra sound isn't it? so what has that got to do with controllers?

you can certainly map basic controller controls using the ableton learn feature.

if using with traktor though... are you routing the audio out from traktor into ableton (using virtual audio cables)? if not then the smart mixer thing isnt going to help all that much when you mix ableton stuff over traktor ofc.
    Thanks for the quick reply

Yeah I'm pretty much routing audio from Traktor using VAC but my main concern is how do I use the EQ compression as shown?

http://www.djtechtools.com/2009/06/0...p-for-ableton/

Tech Student

I finally got the filters set up but now I'm having issues with Traktor, for some reason the Delay filter is not fully working, it wouldn't bother me so much but I can't use the Freeze filter in Adv. mode

Any ideas?