Audio Kontrol 1 drivers wont install
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Audio Kontrol 1 drivers wont install

Well I knew it wouldnt go off without a hitch. I received my NI Audio Kontrol 1 today. And for the life of me I cant get the drivers to install. Ive run the install as admin. I tried the install via their web download with the same results. The installation goes through several screens/steps but when it gets to installing the actual driver the window reads (not responding..) at the top. Then it prompts to plug in the Audio Kontrol 1. Then it says instal not completed properly. Soooooo Im stumped. And help would be greatly appreciated. (There isnt much in the manual either. I did check the FAQ, etc.)

Edit: Im running Windows 7.

the problem i had is getting the control panel installed which only comes on the CD, the driver download doesn't include it, have you tried installing that from the CD?
    < Progressive | Trance | Full On Psy | Liquid DnB >
    < Xone:1D:22:2D + Vestax PadOne >

eep! i would try searching their forums, i'm sure someone has had the same problem. good luck, let us know if you get anywhere with it =D

Quote Originally Posted by Wuz View Post
    the problem i had is getting the control panel installed which only comes on the CD, the driver download doesn't include it, have you tried installing that from the CD?
    Yeah I tried the CD first. Then the updated driver install via the web. Neither get results. All the software except the driver is installing.

I tried disabling the on-board sound card, removing any previously installed NI software that might be interfering, etc.

Edit: after it goes through the failed install, the last window says:

"failed to get information about the installed devices that match to C:\Program Files(86)\Native Instruments\Audio Kontrol 1 Driver\ak1usb.inf"

Meh... after more searching it seems lots of people with W7 are having driver issues. I think Im sending this clunker back and getting the M-Audio.....
    Last edited by Arkanjel; 04-08-2010 at 07:33 PM.

fair enough, Next thing i was going to suggest was maybe it's a usb power issue.
    I ran my AK1 with a VCI 100 but if they were on certain port combinations with a USB hub they didn't work properly.

What are you connecting it to exactly and what other devices are there?
    Last edited by Wuz; 04-08-2010 at 09:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wuz View Post
    fair enough, Next thing i was going to suggest was maybe it's a usb power issue.
    I ran my AK1 with a VCI 100 but if they were on certain port combinations with a USB hub they didn't work properly.

What are you connecting it to exactly and what other devices are there?
    Running direct to usb 2.0 ports, no hub and no other perifs. plugged in whatsoever. All my usb's work great. Ive got a nice clean user profile just for audio too.

Intel Core I5 2.6 g, Windows 7 64 bit, 8 gigs of ram.

Ive put in a dozen or so sound cards over the years but none have given me as much grief as the AK1.

definitely sounds pooched to me, damn shame, it's a nice card when it's working :|

Tech Mentor

install/reinstall the latest traktor.. it will detect your audio kontrol sound card.. i had this problem too.

My heart goes out to you guys. I just picked up a 2nd hand AK1 and installed with the latest driver and version 1.01 of the control sw, works perfect. Running Traktor 1.2.5. in OS 10.6.3.

I was a little worried after reading your woes and also on the NI forum, but I guess I got lucky.

Phil.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

I've never had any problems with mine, i love it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast