DIY VCI-100 Overlays (Which do you prefer) - Page 2

View Poll Results: Which Design do you prefer for self labeling?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Black with silver blanks spots

21 42.00%
  • White

16 32.00%
  • Neither!

13 26.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Black is always back in my opinion. The trend for laptops and their related accessories is heading towards a black look after all the silver of the 'Inspiron' Dell period.
    17" MacBook Pro, 2.66 GHz i7, 4GB RAM; Vestax VCI-100, NI Audio Kontrol 1/ MBox Mini, M-Audio Oxygen 8, Beyerdynamic DT-150 cans; Pro Tools LE 8, Ableton Live 8, Logic Studio 9, Traktor Pro

I prefer the White between those 2 pics, although i'd support a 'natural silver' look that doesn't really change what is already a good looking piece of kit IMO... sometimes less is more

Tech Wizard

Default how would I draw/write custom labeling?

Nice overlays....might be a dumb question, but how would people customize labeling on the buttons? I'm not against the Sharpie, but is there a neater way?

I too, would like to see:
    1) silver color match overlay w/custom lettering
    2) All black with custom lettering

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by oquela View Post
    Nice overlays....might be a dumb question, but how would people customize labeling on the buttons? I'm not against the Sharpie, but is there a neater way?

I too, would like to see:
    1) silver color match overlay w/custom lettering
    2) All black with custom lettering
    !!here is the answer to your question!!
    http://www.officedepot.com/a/product...Plus-Handheld/

they have cheaper option but i was too lazy too look for it

Tech Wizard

luigislaperig,
    Funny! I was thinking either a black top with custom lettering (which would be my pick), or just the black top with original lettering (think the black Japanese version, all original design for people who just want a black one.)

I would have to say neither because they are both very boring. Why not work together with some awesome graph artists, students perhaps and toss us 20 original designs. I mean creative artwork of shapes, stripes, images or whatever in various colours.

Make a poll and finalize the 5 most popular ones, give the designers a cut of the earnings and you have a good business going

I should fricking copyright all these awesome business ideas
    Emil Beatsnatcher Brikha | www.LQP.se | Dell XPS M1330 (2.1 ghz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB ram), Traktor Pro 2.03, Novation Twitch.

Quote Originally Posted by emil_brikha View Post
    I would have to say neither because they are both very boring. Why not work together with some awesome graph artists, students perhaps and toss us 20 original designs. I mean creative artwork of shapes, stripes, images or whatever in various colours.

Make a poll and finalize the 5 most popular ones, give the designers a cut of the earnings and you have a good business going

I should fricking copyright all these awesome business ideas
    They are not meant to be fantastic, bright and colourful (that is not saying that we cant do this with other layouts)- these are for people doing their own labeling mod jobs who want a really basic plain layout. Its not for everyone but i personally think being able to get a plain layout to work on is pretty awesome.
    Last edited by BentoSan; 10-24-2008 at 06:48 AM.

Default Some examples of overlays you could do :)

Okey I was not being very serious in my attempts. Just some simple lines in different colours would be flipping cool, here is something to be inspired by

Emil Beatsnatcher Brikha | www.LQP.se | Dell XPS M1330 (2.1 ghz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB ram), Traktor Pro 2.03, Novation Twitch.

bentosan: Ooooh, aaaaah. I didn't think of about that, totally missed the concept

Oh well, I had a good time making my Backstreet boys overlay anyway

Tech Convert

Would it be possible to have just a black one with the standard VCI-100 (not SE) layout functions? I don't fancy writing functions on it myself as it looks more professional if they are done this way.
    Last edited by djjodiem; 10-27-2008 at 06:50 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast