iPad Mixr - - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: iPad Mixr -

i think some lemur fans have reason to get frustrated by these comparisions....u see them everywhere on the net, ipad = death of lemur etc.

i don't see them as direct competitors, like being at the track and comparing a prius to a specialized race car, yes alot of the input methods (steering, braking, accer) are the same and your basic journey around the track doesn't change much from car to car but at a certain point each car's original purpose is going to become obvious.

my other point would be that most people could find better ways to spend that money improving their current dj setup.

i'm not accusing anyone but in general i think it is funny that we are talking about $500 midi controllers (vci, exponent, etc), and 10" itouchs while using computer speakers or the soundcard that came with the computer. my point isn't for everyone to post up no that's not true i use ____ $$ monitor/soundcard. I'm saying sometimes i think our priorities are off based, we go for the flashly controller over the soundcard/monitors...

i am excited for how the ipad will introduce the masses to a new way of interacting with the computer, ie a multi-touch screen interface over the tradition keyboard and mouse. just like the iphone for the first time showed alot of people what a cellphone could be thought to do, the ipad will introduce the masses to a new way of thinking what you need from a computer.

i'm one of those people that was a little put off by people's excited claims that the iphone was the killer of all phones. esp since i had owned a nokia N95 for about a year before the iphone came out (which depending on your needs, I see as a much better phone then the iphone) and previous to that had other symbian phones that were doing things like playing mp3s for years.
    Last edited by charo; 04-02-2010 at 08:08 AM.
    We don't believe in the star system. We want the focus to be on the music. If we have to create an image, it must be an artificial image. That combination hides our physicality and also shows our view of the star system. It is not a compromise-daftpunk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12