iPad Mixr -
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: iPad Mixr -

Default iPad Mixr -

http://ipadmixr.com/about/

"This multi-touch DJ mixing app for the upcoming Jesus tablet offers a virtual dual turntable main interface, allowing for scratching, reverse play, tempo and pitch adjustment, live EQ and effects, the ability to record your mixes, and the ability to cue tracks. Paired with a drool-worthy library and search interface, it's bound to become the new go-to mobile app for amateur and professional DJs alike."

Well I dunno about that, but it's pretty cool either way.

Check it out.

One thing that looks pretty cool, is that there is no sync or wave forms to match.
    Old school beatmatching!

Think I saw this another post. I like the idea of DJing with an Ipad, esp. if you are able to use a program like Traktor. Lemur for the masses?
    BlackBook, MidiFighter, Traktor Kontrol S4, AIAIAI TMA-1, Raw Passion

Quote Originally Posted by BuckyDonePun View Post
    Lemur for the masses?
    Most of the guys on the Lemur forums think I'm a hype agent for thinking this exact same thing, in fact got trolled for about a week about it, but I think that it will end up that way. With TouchOSC and an iPad, all you're missing is physics emulation, scripting, and hardwire interface and you'd have a Lemur, in fact hardware wise, more than a lemur. The software will only get better, and with such a large customer base compared to the Lemur, it will develop at a much faster rate. It will happen, and people will use it. There are a lot of dj's that are already using iPhones/iPod Touches in their rigs, it will only get more popular now that the screen real estate is nearly as large as a lemur. If Jazzmutant released their Jazz Editor software and a hardwire for the iPad, they wouldn't have to worry about selling Lemurs anymore, to put it lightly, cause you can buy nearly 4 iPads for the price of 1 Lemur, and as long as you use the same iTunes account, one software purchase can be used on all 4 iPads.

13" MacBook Pro 2.7 i7 w/dual Raid0 OWC SSDs - S4 - Ableton Live 8- Lemur- iPad 2

Tech Guru

i just found this screencast of looptastic hd and i gotta say, this looks like a ton of fun.

http://www.soundtrends.com/misc/HD-screencast-final.mov

so glad i decided to pick up an ipad on saturday.

what time are those of you that are picking one up heading down to the store saturday morning?
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

Wait so... is it like a MIDI controller then? How could you do any headphone cueing? I don't get it...?
    LamboxMusic.com
    Newest release: A Pimp's Overture in B-Flat Minor
    Check out my free "Robo Rhythm" EP: Here

Soundcloud - Facebook - Twitter

Pre-ordered to my vacation spot, but since it's in the middle of nowhere, they won't deliver till Monday At least I have one paid for and reserved, cause I bet they start going quick as soon as people see them in use.

13" MacBook Pro 2.7 i7 w/dual Raid0 OWC SSDs - S4 - Ableton Live 8- Lemur- iPad 2

Tech Guru

im mostly interested in it as a control surface when it comes to dj'ing to suppliment what i already have.

or will have i mean. ill likely be switching to a vci 300 and the bridge as soon as i can afford a 300 and ableton
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

Great post. I see you use a Lemur in your setup so you are already used to touch-based software. Based on the popularity of the Iphone interface, I see the Ipad as a natural extension for DJing. It won't replace traditional DJ hardware, but it is an interesting area.

When you say TouchOSC, will any program on the Ipad--Traktor, Logic, etc.--be able to be controlled by touch? Will these programs have to be specifically designed for the Ipad such as the apps for the Iphone?
    BlackBook, MidiFighter, Traktor Kontrol S4, AIAIAI TMA-1, Raw Passion

Quote Originally Posted by BuckyDonePun View Post
    When you say TouchOSC, will any program on the Ipad--Traktor, Logic, etc.--be able to be controlled by touch? Will these programs have to be specifically designed for the Ipad such as the apps for the Iphone?
    MIDI and OSC can be produced on the iPad and used to control the software on the machine it's wirelessly connected to, as long as the software can be controlled by them. Also, a VNC program on the iPad could be used to duplicate your computer screen to the iPad and you could control your software that way, however I'm not sure exactly how well that would work. And yes, all the iPad apps are basically made the same way as iPhone apps, which includes the app approval process and all the other garbage. Exiting times. As I said in the Lemur forums that got me a lot of heat, 80% of the functionality of a lemur currently at 25% of the price, with nothing but development and positive things in the future.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast