Download the Latest VCI-100 Mapping (3_5_1) - Page 5

View Poll Results: How Stable is this Mapping?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very Stable

15 22.73%
  • Almost Perfect

34 51.52%
  • Needs Some Work

17 25.76%
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by A R I Σ S View Post
    One suggestion I have is to make one of the knobs control the Master Volume. I'm a noob right now so maybe I'm not seeing it? I really need that function. Everything else is okay so far (im still a noob and learning the basics) but that is one thing that is keeping me from using the mappings. I would go and edit it but I have no clue wtf I'm doing. I mean I know how to use the learn funtion. But I don't know what the commands are yet. What are the Effect Parameters and Effect On functions? Also when syncing which track is it advised to press sync on? I noticed that sometimes when I press sync on the cued track, it doesn't always synce them correctly unless I press synce on both.
    You are correct that there is not a central dedicated Master Volume knob as of now. However, most ppl use the two Gain knobs for each Deck to control overall volume (in addition to the level faders).

As for sync, when you press the Sync button Traktor should attempt to Sync the current Deck (based on the Sync button you press) to whichever Deck is currently the "Master" (you will be able to tell which Deck this is by seeing the Master indicator in Traktor light up yellow).

Quote Originally Posted by Audio Aerosol View Post
    Also prefer the Play/Pause button as it was before when it played from last cue point once pressed.

Would appreciate any guidance in making these changes as I'm not that confident in tweaking the TSI if required.
    If you hold Shift and then press Play, the track will "Re-Play" from the last cue point like the old style. This way you have both functionalities. However, if you really don't like the Play/Pause and just want Play/Re-Play I could explain how to make the tsi change (or upload a modified tsi) as it is not very complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by djproben View Post
    I think this is a bug... the 2 left buttons beneath the jog wheels do not select the effect -- they use whatever effects are currently mapped to FX units 3 + 4. I think they used to select the beatslicer and delay respectively; if those are selected it works fine but if you have selected other effects there it does not reset them to the beatslicer and delay.
    I guess this is a bug depending on how you look at it. It is kind of nice though to be able to play around with the Instant FX buttons if you load in some other effect.

However, if you use FX banks 3 & 4 for other things (since FX 3/4 are dedicated to Slice and Delay for this tsi) and need the instant fx buttons to default back to Slicer and Delay then I can either upload an updated tsi or show how to make the change yourself, as it will be simply adding two lines to the tsi.

Quote Originally Posted by flashflooder View Post
    However, if you really don't like the Play/Pause and just want Play/Re-Play I could explain how to make the tsi change (or upload a modified tsi) as it is not very complicated.
    woehoe!!!

I guess this is a bug depending on how you look at it. It is kind of nice though to be able to play around with the Instant FX buttons if you load in some other effect.

However, if you use FX banks 3 & 4 for other things (since FX 3/4 are dedicated to Slice and Delay for this tsi) and need the instant fx buttons to default back to Slicer and Delay then I can either upload an updated tsi or show how to make the change yourself, as it will be simply adding two lines to the tsi.
    How difficult would it be to change the standard delay / echo length from 3/16 or whatever it defaults to, to 1/4??
    I just have no idea where to start...

Thanks heaps,
    fusion.
    Black VCI-100 SE Arcade #220/350 with white buttons / knobs & faders
    Audio 2 DJ
    HD 25-1 II SE

Quote Originally Posted by fusion View Post
    How difficult would it be to change the standard delay / echo length from 3/16 or whatever it defaults to, to 1/4??
    I just have no idea where to start...

Thanks heaps,
    fusion.
    Ooowh is that whats its set to and is that why i have never really liked the sound of the echo.

Will look at this when i get the vci set back up.

G
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Quote Originally Posted by Mustache View Post
    Ditto. Also, if you have a sampler running on deck a with the wet/dry all the way down then load a new track and try to use juggle cue points it brings the sample back in at full blast. I've kind of gotten used to it, but it is really annoying.
    Good catch Mustache. This is a bug and I can definitely see how it could be very frustrating. However, the bug is fixable and will be eliminated in the next released update of the VCI-100 tsi (probably in a month or so).

For now, just know that this bug only affects Juggle Cues 1 & 5 so if you're fading out a sample and using Juggle cues to transition into something else, just don't use Cue Points 1/5.

Thanks for the input! If you find anything else buggy let us know so we can fix it for the next update.

Quote Originally Posted by fusion View Post
    I just have no idea where to start....
    If you go into the tsi using the Controller Manager, scroll all the way to the R to the Comments section (you'll probably need to expand this to be able to read it) and sort by Comments. Then scroll down to where you'll find two lines whose comments state "ECHO set Rate to 55%". You will want to change the "Set to Value" for these two lines to whatever value you'd like.

As long as you remain sorted by comment, you could also change the default Feedback and Filter rates as well (they will be next to "ECHO set Rate"). Just remember to save your tsi under a different name if you make any changes in case you ever want to cross-reference the original tsi.

Thumbs up

I assume you are using the "FX GLITCH FIX TSI", which has disabled the Route FX LEDs (the FX buttons that show which decks the selected FX bank is active on) because they were related to the cause of the glitch sounds some users experienced.

If you use the regular 3.5 tsi without the "(Glitch Fix)", the Route FX LEDs should work as you expect them to.
    You were right! When i load the regular tsi the fx buttons work as expected but the sound is terrible. Guess i stick to the "fx glitch fix tsi".

Thanks.

If you hold Shift and then press Play, the track will "Re-Play" from the last cue point like the old style. This way you have both functionalities. However, if you really don't like the Play/Pause and just want Play/Re-Play I could explain how to make the tsi change (or upload a modified tsi) as it is not very complicated.
    Can I suggest maybe having these features the other way round. So shift & play pauses and just play starts track from last cue. A modified TSI for this would be awesome.
    http://mixcloud.com/audioaerosol
    Black MacBook 2.4ghz 750gb HD, 8gb RAM
    XDJ Aero & Rekordbox

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast