Download the Latest VCI-100 Mapping (3_5_1) - Page 4

View Poll Results: How Stable is this Mapping?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very Stable

15 22.73%
  • Almost Perfect

34 51.52%
  • Needs Some Work

17 25.76%
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by hockenheim View Post
    Hi All,

Another new observation:

For the 3rd time, I've experienced one of my MP3 songs skipping, and having pops/glitches that it never used to have.

I tried restarting Traktor, and deleting/re-importing the song into my collection and it stills plays like it was damaged, somehow.

I have the same song in my seperate iTunes Library and it plays fine.

I've only experienced this under this latest TSI and would like to know if it could be related.

Thanks.
    Sounds like latency issues. Increase the latency and see if that stops the issue.
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMoleyMole View Post
    Sounds like latency issues. Increase the latency and see if that stops the issue.
    Hi,

I wondered if it might be latency issues as well, but, would latency problems permanently affect an MP3 file?

The pops and glitches I experience happen in the same parts of the song every time I play it. It will also happen when playing the same song in iTunes or other media players.

Quote Originally Posted by hockenheim View Post
    Hi,

I wondered if it might be latency issues as well, but, would latency problems permanently affect an MP3 file?

The pops and glitches I experience happen in the same parts of the song every time I play it. It will also happen when playing the same song in iTunes or other media players.
    Can't be a Traktor (or TSI) specific issue then if the problem can be recreated in other software?

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by dafe View Post
    Can't be a Traktor (or TSI) specific issue then if the problem can be recreated in other software?
    Hi Dafe,

Yes I can recreate the problem in other software but I only started experiencing these glitches after I upgraded to the new TSI.

I was just curious as to why it only started to happen now. The affected files used to play fine before.

Anyway, I'll observe and see if the prob continues. Thanks.

One suggestion I have is to make one of the knobs control the Master Volume. I'm a noob right now so maybe I'm not seeing it? I really need that function. Everything else is okay so far (im still a noob and learning the basics) but that is one thing that is keeping me from using the mappings. I would go and edit it but I have no clue wtf I'm doing. I mean I know how to use the learn funtion. But I don't know what the commands are yet. What are the Effect Parameters and Effect On functions? Also when syncing which track is it advised to press sync on? I noticed that sometimes when I press sync on the cued track, it doesn't always synce them correctly unless I press synce on both.

Traktor crashed at a gig (house party) last night. I was in a loop, cutting it down all the way to a 1/16 note and pressed play on the second deck (Deck A) while killing the sound on the deck that was playing (Deck B). But Traktor kept the B loop volume up and put Deck A into a 1/16 note jitter with no volume coming out of it. As it was incredibly annoying, I just quit Traktor after a couple of stabs at getting any response failed. I got some encouraging jeers and boos, but no damage done.

On reload it worked flawlessly for the next 3 or so hours.

Any thoughts?

Phil.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

Hi:

I just recieved the vci100se this morning. I've been triying every button & led to see if they worked properly. I found out that if you press route fx with control bank 1 i.e. and press A to asign that bank to deck A, the led doesn't ligth up, neither do the B, C, D fx buttons. It's not a led ligth problem because they do light up where you are controlling the loops bank. Any guess?

Could you specify where to look for it in the mapping? Maybe i'm able to fix it.

Using: W XP - TP 1.2.4 R8092 - Audio 2 DJ - VCI-100SE 1.3

Thanks in advance. Sorry for the poor english!

Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Tenerife Island, Spain

A new Bug:

When I load a song in any deck, the volume fader, that i closed before, jump up to the top opening the channel and causing terrible noise when the track starts. If I forget to check it, because i've closed the channel after the last mix, when i go to cue the track thru the headphones the sound goes out, it's a f***ing pain in the ears...

VCI-100 SE Arcade, Fw 1.3, Traktor 1.2.5, TSI DJTT 3.5

Quote Originally Posted by LastOne View Post
    A new Bug:

When I load a song in any deck, the volume fader, that i closed before, jump up to the top opening the channel and causing terrible noise when the track starts. If I forget to check it, because i've closed the channel after the last mix, when i go to cue the track thru the headphones the sound goes out, it's a f***ing pain in the ears...

VCI-100 SE Arcade, Fw 1.3, Traktor 1.2.5, TSI DJTT 3.5
    This is not a bug, it is a "feature" in Traktor that you can choose. To turn it off go to the "Loading" from the left list. You will should see that "Reset all mixer controls when loading track" is checked in "Resetting Controls".

I had the same thing happen a while back and can agree that it is REALLY unpleasant on the ears!

Let us know if this fixes it.

Phil.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

Quote Originally Posted by Jaiden View Post
    Hi:

I just recieved the vci100se this morning. I've been triying every button & led to see if they worked properly. I found out that if you press route fx with control bank 1 i.e. and press A to asign that bank to deck A, the led doesn't ligth up, neither do the B, C, D fx buttons. It's not a led ligth problem because they do light up where you are controlling the loops bank. Any guess?

Could you specify where to look for it in the mapping? Maybe i'm able to fix it.

Using: W XP - TP 1.2.4 R8092 - Audio 2 DJ - VCI-100SE 1.3

Thanks in advance. Sorry for the poor english!
    I assume you are using the "FX GLITCH FIX TSI", which has disabled the Route FX LEDs (the FX buttons that show which decks the selected FX bank is active on) because they were related to the cause of the glitch sounds some users experienced.

If you use the regular 3.5 tsi without the "(Glitch Fix)", the Route FX LEDs should work as you expect them to.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast