Download the Latest VCI-100 Mapping (3_5_1) - Page 2

View Poll Results: How Stable is this Mapping?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very Stable

15 22.73%
  • Almost Perfect

34 51.52%
  • Needs Some Work

17 25.76%
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by atrain01us View Post
    Hi,

I just downloaded and imported the latest update for my vci-100 and v1.25 of TSP v1.2.5.

I have questions about some of the functions:

1) After importing the new .tsi file and selecting the vci-100 in the controller page and then closing the preferences window, if I then go back into the preferences window and the controller page, the selected controller reverts back to 'generic keyboard'. Why isn't the selected controller being remembered by the Traktor software? Am I missing something?

2) The faders for the 2 two decks(A & B for example) on the vci-100 do not seem to be controlling the same in Traktor in terms of volume. Also I cannot see the crossfader move in the software even though I enabled the display of the corssfader in the preferences.

3) The pitch faders are not going thru the full range. They don't move above the center detent on the vci-100 and only go below the center detent for a small distance.

What am I missing here with these issues?

thanks,

Arthur
    I'll have a go at this one as my punishment for jumping the gun on page 1.

Arthur, welcome to the forum.

Your selected controller is in the order loaded. i.e. the computer's keyboard mapping was done first so it is first on the list. Your VCI is still there and is considered as a fully valid input, regardless of where it appears on the controller list.

What IS important though is that when you select the VCI, you now also see it's ports. You MUST set the ports for the VCI from "all ports" to "Vestax PC controller" for both the In and Out. This is what I forgot to do and posted my non-bug on page 1.

For the faders move them through there full sweep (all the way up/over and back) Traktor will "find" them an you should be OK.

The pitch is another subject. DJTT always sets the faders to 8% (like on a 1200 TT). This is a personal preference, so if you want more, you have to dig into the TSI. Its easy, after selecting your VCI in the device menu, scroll down to the first "Tempo" (there will be 4 together, 1 for each deck). Click on the first "Tempo", you will see at the very bottom "Rotary Sensitivity", it is set to 40%. Increase this to whatever suits you pitch needs (100% will get you 50% increase/decrease range), if you need more then click on the left menu and at the top you will see "Pitch" change this value to 100% and go back and adjust the "Tempo" in the mapping. DO NOT forget to change the "Tempo" % for all 4 decks, you well get really screwed up otherwise!

Clear as mud?

Happy mixing, Phil.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

Quote Originally Posted by mauperez5 View Post
    Thank you very much for the recommendations , make each recommendation that gave the LED does not work, I am surprised that happen are very tough and buy 2 months ago VCI-100 SE.
    Apply DJTechTools warranty?, Or I can do to repair the led?
    It depends on how confident you are in replacing the LED's yourself. Im pretty sure there is a guide somewhere. Try doing a search alternatively e-mail Tech tools directly and arrange for a replacement to be sent. Good Luck
    http://mixcloud.com/audioaerosol
    Black MacBook 2.4ghz 750gb HD, 8gb RAM
    XDJ Aero & Rekordbox

I think this is a bug... the 2 left buttons beneath the jog wheels do not select the effect -- they use whatever effects are currently mapped to FX units 3 + 4. I think they used to select the beatslicer and delay respectively; if those are selected it works fine but if you have selected other effects there it does not reset them to the beatslicer and delay.

Quote Originally Posted by djproben View Post
    I think this is a bug... the 2 left buttons beneath the jog wheels do not select the effect -- they use whatever effects are currently mapped to FX units 3 + 4. I think they used to select the beatslicer and delay respectively; if those are selected it works fine but if you have selected other effects there it does not reset them to the beatslicer and delay.
    I noticed the same thing in the older mappings. I don't think its a bug per se. But it fun using fader fx for different types of effects.

Also, does anyone have any issues with the Fader FX led? When I stay in Fader fx for awhile, I can exit it but the LED still stays on.
    BlackBook, MidiFighter, Traktor Kontrol S4, AIAIAI TMA-1, Raw Passion

Tech Wizard djcelebrityt@hotmail.com's Avatar

Wink

ok i have now run 3.5 for 6 hours continous no problems at all i will be working with this mapping for a while nice one

--------------------------------------------------------
    dell xps 1530, ni audio 1 card,vestax vci 100, traktor pro.
    Last edited by djcelebrityt@hotmail.com; 04-01-2010 at 10:37 AM.

hi guys!
    i start testing the new mapping and i think found a bug.
    when i hold the delayknob, hit the jog twice(so freeze is off again) and start playing with the jog it all works fine. but when i'm ready and want to use the volumefaders they do not respond. all the other knobs are working.
    when i hit faderfxknob twice the volumefaders r working again!?

so its not that of a big deal but mayby you can do something with it.
    i tried to do it again and i couldt duplicate it.

thanks for the work guys!!

traktor pro 1.2.4
    vci-100se arcade fw1.3
    vista
    genuine intel 2.00ghz
    memory 2.0gb
    loopbe1 and bomes
    Last edited by vageotter; 04-01-2010 at 06:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckyDonePun View Post
    I noticed the same thing in the older mappings. I don't think its a bug per se. But it fun using fader fx for different types of effects.
    I'm not talking about faderfx -- just the regular use of the buttons below the jog wheels, which are labeled "slice" and "echo" in the overlay. It can be fun using them with other effects, but my sense was that the mapping was supposed to reserve them for those two effects? Is this incorrect? Why are they labeled that way then? It's certainly not a show-stopper and perhaps I'll figure out how to fix it on my own, but it does seem to be a bug, at least in comparison to what the mapping is supposed to do.

Quote Originally Posted by djproben View Post
    Unless im mistaken, thats the way it works... In Ean's videos anyway, he always had beatslicer and delay loaded into those two FX slots..
    So you'd just use the FX slot 1 & 2 for the preset effects / your own effects, and leave slot 3 & 4 for the beatslicer / delay...
    Black VCI-100 SE Arcade #220/350 with white buttons / knobs & faders
    Audio 2 DJ
    HD 25-1 II SE

Hey guys I have 2 days trying to map 3.5, is very stable and with a minimum of mistakes but I have a doubt, find the songs that goes full screen and not stay in the small list on the players? I should modify?

Many thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by fusion View Post
    Unless im mistaken, thats the way it works... In Ean's videos anyway, he always had beatslicer and delay loaded into those two FX slots..
    So you'd just use the FX slot 1 & 2 for the preset effects / your own effects, and leave slot 3 & 4 for the beatslicer / delay...
    You're probably right; it just seems strange that those would be written on the overlay when they can be so easily changed. I use another effect set on bank 3 using a different midi controller so I don't always have beatslicer loaded there; it tripped me up the first time I discovered that the button didn't work the way it used to. Not a big deal, I can either change the mapping myself or just use it this way, but it seemed really odd to me that it wouldn't be set in the mapping when it seems like that button is definitely geared toward that effect.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast