Download the Latest VCI-100 Mapping (3_5_1) - Page 17

View Poll Results: How Stable is this Mapping?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very Stable

15 22.73%
  • Almost Perfect

34 51.52%
  • Needs Some Work

17 25.76%
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617
    Tech Mentor

@flashflooder...........i'm guessing this would be alot of work but is there a reason for efx 3 and 4 to be the slicer and echo instead of them being 1 and 2.i say this because if they were at the start of the chain then when using the sampler it would be possible to add efx to the sampled sound.i cant find an effect matrix in the options so im guessing it only works as a chain from effect 1 through to 4?.

Quote Originally Posted by calvin01 View Post
    @flashflooder...........i'm guessing this would be alot of work but is there a reason for efx 3 and 4 to be the slicer and echo instead of them being 1 and 2.i say this because if they were at the start of the chain then when using the sampler it would be possible to add efx to the sampled sound.i cant find an effect matrix in the options so im guessing it only works as a chain from effect 1 through to 4?.
    first of all, you are correct in that the order of the FX Banks matters and they do work as a chain from 1 to 4 (not all simultaneously) so the slicer effect that is used for the sampler only hears the output from the decks that fx bank 3 is activated on and any effects from fx banks 1 and 2.

it would be nice to be able to sample the echo delay and even another slicer effect if you flipped fx banks 1/2 & 3/4 but the main reason they were designed in that order is to allow for easy sampling of fader fx mode and use of the effects control section.

However, what I've done to sometimes go around this is to use the Control FX section and switch FX Banks 1/2 to an Advanced effect (since they're usually in chained mode) and then to a Slicer or Delay and then just control those effects with the knobs and buttons below. it's a little more of a process, but at least you can do it if you really need a sample with one of those effects.

Also, you are right that with the sampler set up on fx bank 3, you only have one fx bank to use on it and there are no controls on the vci for fx bank 4 besides the echo delay. I'm trying to think of a clean way to get around this but for now you would just have to change FX bank 4 manually.

Tech Mentor

im happy to work around it as i reckon if i had to effect a certain sample it would be a better tool if i can master the advanced effect knob twiddling.a little tip i found that you probably already know that when in fader fx mode i assign the route fx to whichever deck is fader fx and use the knob instead of the pitch fader to shorten/lengthen the beatmasher,it works a treat and feels quite musical if you play with it.

thanx for the explaination.

also i dont think i'll want to repace efx 3 and 4 for a long time,they just seem right so thumbs up.i wouldn't mind being able to select echo rate by hotkeys though.im sure its probably bread and butter but im fairly new to all this.i'll get round to it when i've worked out how to arrange itunes:eek:
    Last edited by calvin01; 07-14-2010 at 07:02 PM.

The long awaited update to this mapping (v3_5_2) has finally made it online including a comprehensive 8 page walkthrough document now!

Check it out here http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15916 and feel free to make any comments.

It's not going to go fully public onto the "Mappings" tab of the site for a few days so please let me know if you have any issues with it so I can fix them asap! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by papachilla View Post
    Thanks for the release guys, will let you know if I run in to any bugs! Also, the mailers you guys have been sending out are great!
    Hi guys.
    First of all sorry for my bad English, I'm from Mexico and does not concern me much English but hey, get to the point, a month ago that I enjoy my VCI-100 SE, with the mapping used it had a 3.3 and another problem in the software but not in my driver, yesterday installed the mapping 3.5 and there was a problem with my controller, located on the left button does not turn blue slice to juggle 1-4 or 5-8 Is it software problem or My driver, perhaps it will have melted the blue LED?

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by macrylinda1 View Post
    Hi guys.
    First of all sorry for my bad English, I'm from Mexico and does not concern me much English but hey, get to the point, a month ago that I enjoy my VCI-100 SE, with the mapping used it had a 3.3 and another problem in the software but not in my driver, yesterday installed the mapping 3.5 and there was a problem with my controller, located on the left button does not turn blue slice to juggle 1-4 or 5-8 Is it software problem or My driver, perhaps it will have melted the blue LED?
    Sometimes it takes loading the tsi a few times to work correctly. There's also a glitch fix file in the zip file you downloaded. That reduces the number of midi messages going out and some PC's need that to work correctly.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617