Download the Latest VCI-100 Mapping (3_5_1) - Page 11

View Poll Results: How Stable is this Mapping?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very Stable

15 22.73%
  • Almost Perfect

34 51.52%
  • Needs Some Work

17 25.76%
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Default mac help

not to sound stupid .Just got my first mac how do you import tsi files for vci to work

Tech Mentor

Default Shift Loop Question?

Just added lastest firmware (and lastest everything) and im at the beginning stages of learning.

I cant seem to duplicate the loop behaviar in video part 1 (at 2:25) , while pressing shift I cant re-active the prior loop.

What am I doing wrong?

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I think it works in the video because he's still in the loop. If you deactivate and get out of the loop you'll have to start a new loop or if the loop's stored you can hit the cue point it's assigned to go back to that and re-activate it then...I think.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Mentor

thanks photojojo, I must have watched this video 100 times in the last two days.

I grew tired of my VCI years ago, and have bought and used just about every midi controller under the sun. With all the change I always held a special place in my mind for the VCI and never really felt as comfortable on any other unit.

Now with firmware 1.3 and DJTT's TP .tsi for the VCI, I am in shock of how fun and amazing it is. I caused me to fall in love with the VCI all over again again.

This TSI is truely brilliant and somehow is easier to use then any 4 channel "layered" controller to date.

MAN ITS SOOOOO MUCH FUN....

Tech Wizard

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by ridim View Post
    played around with it for about 2hrs.. going crazy on the juggler and fader FX.. seems to work well

1 issue
    after heavy usage the volume slider for deck A started acting weird.
    When i pulled it up to max volume it would jump down to zero and start to fluctuate at the bottom.

macbook
    traktor 1.24
    vci 100 arcade
    dj techtools support infomred me that this was due to my fader.

Took the vci apart and drenched my fader in isopropanol and it now works like a charm

btw going to play my first gig witch the vci tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by ridim View Post
    dj techtools support infomred me that this was due to my fader.

Took the vci apart and drenched my fader in isopropanol and it now works like a charm

btw going to play my first gig witch the vci tomorrow
    best of luck mate
    your fader woes had me a bit worried at one point, turns out i was being a bit careless about fader position between decks A and C
    1x Allen & Heath Xone K2, 1xXone K1, Edirol PCR M1, 4x Numark TTXUSB, Audio10 and a truck load of vinyl...

Default Sync buttons don't work for me all the time either.

Quote Originally Posted by CodeMorse View Post
    I've tried working under all the settings (manual, auto etc) no change except the obvious (have to set the master in manual)
    I also have the same problem. I found that neither mouse nor the sync button worked 100% of the time. Sometimes they would work, sometimes not, and I couldn't detect a deterministic cause to the failure. I would hit the sync button, and the tempos would be matched, but I got caught off guard when the sync didn't stay engaged. Made my mix sound old school. For my application, this is not the end of the world but it is definitely annoying.

Other than that I have to mention that this new mapping RULES!!!! I was definitely frustrated by the lack of access to multiple effects knobs, and I think the 4 efx unit aspect of 1.2x is also a big improvement. But overall I love this new mapping, I think it's incredible, you've outdone yourselves.

the only thing I find a little hard to deal with is the EFX routing concept. I think with practice I'll get used to it, but I kind of preferred the dedicated on/off buttons from the old layout. I don't really change my efx types that much so this feature isn't as useful to me. I'm still thinking about getting an X1 so I can just not have to toggle between banks.

Also question: how do I assign (using the mapping) knobs to efx unit 4? 3 is taken care of as the permanent sampler beat slicer. That is, I can toggle between efx 1 & 2, but there appears to be no way to access efx unit 4. do i need to do a customization? if so, i'd like to change the 3rd choice of the FX bank button to be unit 4 (instead of loops, i never use that function).

Tech Wizard

I would say, we cannot use effects 3 & 4...

Been chasing down some strange behaviors when a VCI100 isn't attached. Sync on deck B flickers off a moment after being activated, the same happens with Loop Active on deck B.

Looking at the TSI, it seems the "Sync" commands are well formed for decks A and C using a Hold command, while decks B and D have Toggle events, deck B only has one entry and deck D has a Toggle and an output event.

It just seems asymmetrical. Are these correct?

Default Pitch Fader Range

I saw a few people mentioned the issue with the VCI-100se mapping not showing full range of the pitch faders in Traktor Pro. When I move the pitch fader all the way up, it only moves 20% up in Traktor, same for down as well. Any ideas how to correct/fix this?

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast