Desktop or Laptop??? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JesC View Post
    I would say get a laptop...why? No keyboard/mouse/monitor/2x power cables/plus ur controller/audio card if not internal and the usb cables (I say chale!)...I did 1 gig with my XPC & the hercules dj back in 2005, it was a nightmare to setup!

My laptop setup is up and running in under 5 min I have a toshiba/echo indigo dj or audio 8 /vci100 se (in flight case)
    Agreed. Setup already takes long enough. I'm wickedly jealous of my CDJ DJ friends that just walk in, load a CD and are ready to go.

I can't imagine having to set up a desktop and all that other stuff.... plus, lots of clubs don't have a place to put anything that size or a monitor.
    Myspace: B33SON
    Myspace: B33 Events
    Facebook: B33SONB33
    YouTube: Mix Competition

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Loay View Post
    Any chance you'll have pictures of it? I was contemplating the same thing. Getting a small form factor desktop isn't a problem for me. It's more so the cables and peripherals you'd have to carry along with the desktop. If you have a bit of money to spend, I'd think getting a laptop is better.
    I have a few online, not great images:
    http://www.steveboy.com/album_images/photo22.jpg
    http://www.steveboy.com/album_images/photo23.jpg
    Steve Boyett
    Podcasts: Groovelectric | Podrunner | Podrunner: Intervals
    Traktor user

@ steveboy....nice xpc. I still have my oldschool xpc. Does urs have the ICE cooling?
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

I bought an aftermarket Arctic cooler. Great fans. I can't believe I used to gig with this, but mycole is right: laptop DJs were The Future for about 2 weeks. Now some dude with a thumb drive walks in and plays a gig and looks at me setting up a laptop, and you can see him thinking, Wow -- old skool!
    Steve Boyett
    Podcasts: Groovelectric | Podrunner | Podrunner: Intervals
    Traktor user

...yeah I hear you with the dual cd players with usb ports of thumb drive or ipods.

we can continue this flash drive conversation here to keep on topic - http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...1776#post11776

sorry bento if I posted in the wrong thread...i just got home and im a little wasted....

Its no problem i found myself writing a large reply that was completely off topic before making a new thread

Yeau I got round the many things to plug in issue by sticking a four way in the base of the computer box, and leaving everything plugged in so that only the monitor, connections to the mixer and plug for power needed plugging in at the gig. A large screen is great to use when mixing with Ableton. I've always thought a desktop would be harder to damage than laptops which can be tempermental.
    I've even run this setup in the middle of a forest on a wet night and it ran perfectly. Still, by the discussion so far, i'm still thinking my lugging my box around isn't as cool as it should be...

Tech Mentor

*jaw drops* steveboyett that's awesome man

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast