Vestax SPIN Mapping for Traktor Duo/Pro - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

From reading the Traktor forum, I'm assuming that oldfashioned was able to fix the freezing problem in his mapping by changing the LED range. Can the changing of the LED range be done for any map to prevent feezing?

oldfashioned, would you mind explaining the process you used for that, and do you have an ETA on your new mapping? Still trying to decide on whether or not to purchase the Spin. Having this map released will help for sure.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by zacingraham View Post
    From reading the Traktor forum, I'm assuming that oldfashioned was able to fix the freezing problem in his mapping by changing the LED range. Can the changing of the LED range be done for any map to prevent feezing?

oldfashioned, would you mind explaining the process you used for that, and do you have an ETA on your new mapping? Still trying to decide on whether or not to purchase the Spin. Having this map released will help for sure.
    Put shortly, it seems like sometimes LED lit buttons are receiving different MIDI OUT note. Let's say for example that Play is Ch01.Note.D3. On certain occasions Play receives Ch01.Note.F3. That causes the controller to freeze temporarily, until you press Play in Traktor, which sends the right MIDI Note to the controller and unfreezes it. These kind of problems could be usually fixed by adjusting MIDI Range. I used MIDI OX and the MIDI monitor that comes with Cubase 5 to gather my EMPIRICAL DATA (sorry I'm being seriously raped by boring classical management studies).

Those Volume Level Meters next to the Gain faders... the problem with those is that, if you want them working properly, you'll have to increase your buffer size in ASIO4ALL, which causes latency to increase, which is FU#KED! I think that soon we'll be able to use the ASIO drivers that will come with the ugly, little, red Typhoon

As for the ETA of the 4 deck map -> check the other thread.

thanks for the explanation, and while i understand what you've said just now, i'm not so sure that i would be able to change the settings to stop the freezing myself without an explanation of that process. would you mind explaining how to actually modify all that stuff? i'm just really worried that having to push play in the middle of a performance would really ruin things.

thanks again oldfashioned.

edit: is there also a way to just turn off the LEDs? i'm assuming that having them turned off would be an easy solution to the freezing problem, but i would have no way of figuring out how to do that.
    Last edited by zacingraham; 04-20-2010 at 09:30 AM.

Indeed if the LED are not active, you won't have the problem.

In the Controller Manager, at the top, simply do not select the SPIN as OUT PORT and you'll be fine.

As for editing how to edit the range of the LEDs, it's not that difficult. For every LEDs (assigned to MIDI Out). Change the values for LED Properties until you find the correct values.

Attachment 2419

Take a look at what Oldfashionned already did and evolve from there.
    The Phat One

Thanks DJ Phatso for the quick reply. I will definitely take a look at that chart and check out the values oldfashioned used. I just wish I could check all this out without buying the Spin first, but I think that I'm going to buy it because if it doesn't work out, I can just disable the LEDs anyway.

Just a few more questions: I would be changing the MIDI Range correct? Would a positive or negative change matter? And would you recommend the Spin? This would be my first controller, and I really need one to improve my performances.

PS. Again, thanks a ton for the help.
    Last edited by zacingraham; 04-20-2010 at 01:14 PM.

Personally, I think the Spin is only half-baked and could have stayed in the oven a bit longer...

Sure, it is well built and works great with DJay,It just feels to me that they rushed it out thinking that they could fix the problems later (i.e. The Typhoon). The shortcomings (like the MIDI LED issue and the fact that you have to jump through hoops to get the soundcard working properly on PC) are a bit overwhelming for a big company like Vestax. Nobody thought that users may want to use a cool looking MIDI controller with other softwares and under Windows ???
    The Phat One

Tech Wizard

Will we see an update to this ever? I like this mapping…besides the freezing.

Tech Student

Default Vestax spin update with FX Controls

I have set 6 FX controls for the keyboard for both decks A and B. the buttons for fx are from right to left: [Z] [X] [C] [,] [.] [/]. If your vestax freezes try adjusting the "Touch Sensor Levels" on the back of the controller and it should resolve any problems.

NEED HELP:
    Can someone please fix microphone mappings so a mic can be used with fader and pitch control?

Also can someone map the shift button on the Vestax controller to jump back to itunes other folders like it does in the djay software?

Last, the needle buttons don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Glueeater View Post
    Will we see an update to this ever? I like this mapping…besides the freezing.
    Yes Glueeater, there will be an update to this mapping, hopefully soon. Some other projects are taking slight precedent at the moment, but rest assured that the Spin has not been forgotten.

Our main focus for the next update will be to provide a functional mapping that doesn't encounter the issues that have been shown to freeze the controller.

If there are other features in the mapping that you like (or don't like), please share your thoughts as these will all be considered with the next update.

Tech Wizard

Headphone mix and mix volume would be great features.

Would a cue mode be remotely possible?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast