midi to firewire? Or Axiom 25?

Default midi to firewire? Or Axiom 25?

I can't say I am new to everything but I am getting into a slump because I got all the gear I could ask for ,not all top of the line stuff but I am proud, The deal is I am useing Traktro pro with a audio dj 4 but my midi gear is a djm 800 and I just got a axiom 25. What would I need to run midi into my mac book to traktor with out buying the audio 8? I mean it's just a sound card and with the CDJs I know there has to be a better buy then four or five hundred bones. That would be one option I have, The second would be useing the Axiom because it is a Oxygen 8 on Roydz. The problem I hit with that is I dont really know if i understand enigma. I think I would have to make a tsi file in traktor and then exprot it into enigma to store the settings but when I go to learn under the generic keyboard it wont learn the mapping and its the keyboard that I use to assign the Eans Tsi file for the Oxygen 8. But when I go to the midi option it will learn what I want to assign when I assign it,But it does not apply the function in motion. You guys are the pros and others like me what would be some options I would have. I was looking up getting a firewire to midi interface and just running it to my mac.

And if you made it this far past the bad grammer high five.

2cdj1000mk1
    djm800
    audio dj 4
    axiom 25
    Last edited by rythmicskirmish; 03-25-2010 at 01:40 PM.

Bump.

Not sure if you can convert midi to firewire so i cant help you there... As for your Axiom 25 take a look at this thread:
    http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...?t=9761&page=2
    Last edited by Ed_The_Navigator; 03-26-2010 at 02:03 PM. Reason: fix

Tech Guru

I'd suggest not worrying about Enigma, and just use one of the Axioms 20 default presets and do your mapping in Traktor. I don't know how well Oxy 8 mappings translate to the Axiom, so I can't speak for that route.

You don't need any hardware to get midi into your computer. Just a usb cable.

Kinda confused about your post...
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets

there is midi to firewire, but its attached to firewire audio cards that also have midi
    We don't believe in the star system. We want the focus to be on the music. If we have to create an image, it must be an artificial image. That combination hides our physicality and also shows our view of the star system. It is not a compromise-daftpunk