In;
    Select/Set+Store Hot Cue
    set to hotcue number

Send Monitor State
    invert on

Out;
    Hot Cue State [x]
    Controller range @ -1 for min and max
    Deck A and C - midi range at 3 (min) and 4 (max)
    Deck B and D - midi range at 5 (min) and 5 (max)
    invert and blend off

This made the LEDs flash when no Hot Cue present, and solid when there is, decks A and C are in red, B and D in orange

Also did them vertically, so first 2 columns are A, next 2 are B etc...
    Thanks, but I can't use the 'Send Monitor State' IN command, because it freaks out the sound on Windows. It must be a Windows bug. That's why I a now trying to see how to accomplish it with Bome's. See a couple of posts up for more details.

Hi there,
    I'm the one that worked with bradcee on the apc40 mapping and i am now having the same problem. delete the sends and its fine. as soon as those sends are in...... slow down and a pop when u release the hotcue!! Will be happy to work with u on this one mate, really love the apc40 and would love a mac but my penny jars a bit low lol. How are you getting on with bomes?

I will put up a tsi at some time, just working on a diagram to show the mappings.

Quote Originally Posted by smattless View Post
    Hi there,
    I'm the one that worked with bradcee on the apc40 mapping and i am now having the same problem. delete the sends and its fine. as soon as those sends are in......
    and with out the sends it turns into a game of 'lights out'

which i have entitled 'The F#3 Back Back Back D4 Damager Edition'

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Tech Wizard

I had the demo version of Bomes working pretty well with lighting up the hotcue green when pressing it (and keeping it green).

What I did was create two translators for one hotcue button:

Translator 1:
    Incoming from APC40: Note off for the button
    Swallow incoming midi message - checked
    Outgoing to APC40: Note on for the button, velocity 1 (1 is for green, or 7-127)

Translator 2:
    Incoming from APC40: Note off for the same button
    Swallow incoming midi message - checked
    Outgoing to TRAKTOR: Note OFF for the button (same as the Incoming)

This worked somewhat, and lit up and kept the button green after pressing it, but of course it didn't work well when you deleted a hotcue, as it stayed green. I am sure you could add some rules to get it to NOT let the green on message through when you delete a hotcue in order to let the hotcue state update, but I gave up after that.

I simply do not want to have to pay 90 bucks for Bomes. That is just too much, especially considering that I will be buying a new Macbook Pro as soon as the new models come out, and the whole 'Send Monitor State' IN issue apparently doesn't exist on Macs.

FWIW, I put in a ticket to NI about the Send Monitor State bug, and also posted on the forums about the bug as well, but of course I have not heard anything back from either channel.

In the meantime, I assigned an Select/Set Hotcue OUT to each button, as well as the Hotcue State OUT to each button. With it this way, when you load a track, the Hotcue State will correctly show a green for any cuepoint, and then all the rest of the unused cue's will show as red. Then when I actually press the cue button, it will turn all cuepoints on that deck red (or whatever other color you set to Select/Set Hotcue OUT). This is my workaround for the moment. It ain't pretty, but at least the buttons stay lit.
    Last edited by JCribb; 04-05-2010 at 09:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JCribb View Post
    In the meantime, I assigned an Select/Set Hotcue OUT to each button, as well as the Hotcue State OUT to each button. With it this way, when you load a track, the Hotcue State will correctly show a green for any cuepoint, and then all the rest of the unused cue's will show as red. Then when I actually press the cue button, it will turn all cuepoints on that deck red (or whatever other color you set to Select/Set Hotcue OUT). This is my workaround for the moment. It ain't pretty, but at least the buttons stay lit.
    that's what smattless and me tried to begin with, then went to send monitor state

SoundCloud

yep, think its going to be macbook time lol. Jcribb, do u know if its 100% that this isnt a problem on the macs? i agree about bomes, too much money for what i would use it for.
    Traktor pro / APC40 / LPD8 /
    Vista 64 / AMD Phenom x3 / 4gb ram

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by smattless View Post
    yep, think its going to be macbook time lol. Jcribb, do u know if its 100% that this isnt a problem on the macs? i agree about bomes, too much money for what i would use it for.
    No, i'm not 100% sure, and I won't be until I actually have Traktor hooked up on a Mac. But Zac Kyoti earlier in this thread said that he did not have this audio distortion issue on his Macbook, and since he is the one who told us all to use the 'Send Monitor State' IN, I can only take what he says as true.....

Quote Originally Posted by JCribb View Post
    No, i'm not 100% sure, and I won't be until I actually have Traktor hooked up on a Mac. But Zac Kyoti earlier in this thread said that he did not have this audio distortion issue on his Macbook, and since he is the one who told us all to use the 'Send Monitor State' IN, I can only take what he says as true.....
    might not be system related in that way though... had the pops/crackles issue on my laptop when hammering my vci and nanopad too much at the same time.
    until i stripped back my os.

how is your laptop setup? do you have a dedicated machine/boot/user for traktor?

SoundCloud

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by BradCee View Post
    might not be system related in that way though... had the pops/crackles issue on my laptop when hammering my vci and nanopad too much at the same time.
    until i stripped back my os.

how is your laptop setup? do you have a dedicated machine/boot/user for traktor?
    Brad-

Are you saying that you do NOT have any sound distortion issues when using the Send Monitor State IN?

Are you on a Mac or PC?

I was trying this on Windows 7, but I will give it a go on my other TinyXP 'Dj' partition. My Tiny XP partition is barebones. I doubt it will be any better, as I don't see any spikes on Windows 7 when using DPC Latency Checker, but i'll try it out on Tiny XP anyways.

I am using an older computer for the moment, a Dell 700M which is a Pentium M, 2.0Ghz, 2GB ram.

There ARE rumors floating that new Macbooks may come out at the end of this month.

We shall see.......

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast