Recommended netbooks for Traktor DJing? - Page 9
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Get a lenovo x120e. They just came out today and specs you get for around $500 blows the entry level macbook out of the water by far for the price. Also it has a nice 11 inch screen, with battery tests saying they get about 6 hours out of the 9 cell batter.

Quote Originally Posted by firebr4nd View Post
    Get a lenovo x120e. They just came out today and specs you get for around $500 blows the entry level macbook out of the water by far for the price. Also it has a nice 11 inch screen, with battery tests saying they get about 6 hours out of the 9 cell batter.
    Dude.. whoa.

11.6 inch screen, Core i7, 4gb DDR3, 128gb SSD = $1,300

That is sexy, as I have never been able to get even close to those specs in a sub-13" screen.

I can put together an HP ProBook in 13.1" flavor with those exact specs and 8gb of DDR3 for about $700 though, so that two inches of portability are gonna cost me an extra $700...

Funny enough, it was this thread that finalized my decision on the 13.1" screen as perfection for Traktor. For me at least.
    I'm addicted to WoW.

Please do not bother me about being a productive member of society.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by MaxOne View Post
    computer vs computer and spec just aren't the issue. It's the OS. The OS is with out any shadow of a doubt the most important factor.

Seriously, why would I say it... I use computers a lot. PCs and Macs. I'm not trying to be a dick but the Mac OS is much more stable.

You can afford 2 netbooks... 1 macbook, i swear to you, is a better investment for djing than 2 netbooks.
    SrSLY??? if you say OS x is more stable then Windows 7 one more time Im just gonna slap... LOL!!!

Honestly though as someone who has both OS x and WIN 7 in there enviroment. I can honestly say there is zero differnece anymore. sure when vista & XP was what was new and fresh I woulda said OS X all the way. However win 7 has really changed this up and both feel about the same. If your win 7 machine is crashing all the time either u got a virues or U R DOING IT WRONG. The machine i am typing on right now is a win 7 Ultimate that has been online for 6 months and has been rebotted twice both times for updates that is it. period, no crashes, no freeze ups, its just rock farking solid. So please the stable arrgument is old, and i am sick of reading about it.

as for the netbooks. man ill tell you I installed abelton on a netbook and it used well over 80% CPU and that was just abelton, audio 2 dj and 4 tracks playing. I also has uninstalled firefox, AVG and any other software i could function without. disabled WIFI, bluetooth and cam. And boy it was slow and sluggish as hell. granted its my backup and i can get by with it but if it was my main, id farking quite this shit.

check out the Acer 1803T. its 11.6 inch display with an I3-I7 chipset, 500 gb hd. they are rock solid and are totally light and portable for the DJ on the go.
    Acer 1803T - Abelton Live 8 - Audio 2 DJ - Korg Micro X - M-Audio USB - KRK Rockit Monitors - Dell Xeon Desktop - Sony MDR headphones - Fruity loops - Acid Pro - Sound Forge

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by seb30303 View Post

Firstly, get a netbook with Windows XP (not Vista or 7). Then do a bit of

Seb
    Wrong, Windows XP is a dinosaur. Let it go man. Windows 7 is the only way to go.

I remember when XP came out and there were still guys selling new machines with 98SE. God damn....
    Acer 1803T - Abelton Live 8 - Audio 2 DJ - Korg Micro X - M-Audio USB - KRK Rockit Monitors - Dell Xeon Desktop - Sony MDR headphones - Fruity loops - Acid Pro - Sound Forge

XP7 FOR LYFE.... oh wait >.>

Go with Win7 64bit, it's quite solid
    /人◕‿‿◕人\
    --Its not the OS, It's the user--

Quote Originally Posted by MaxOne View Post
    to be honest it just sounds like a bad idea... why not get 1 macbook that'll work and last a long long time rather than two netbooks.
    +1

I ain't even got a Mac (but planning on getting one). You can get a pretty good spec second hand Mac for same price as two well spec'd netbooks I'd say if you scout around.

A quick look found this: Macbook

Where a well spec'd netbook will easily cost you £200 minimum + RAM upgrades = same cost as the above Macbook with 2.2GHz Core 2 Duo and 3GB RAM. I know which I'd go for....
    Ableton 9.7.5, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, MOTU 828 Mk2, Nektar Impact LX61+, Ableton Push, Native Instruments Kore 2, and a random selection of soft synths and sample libraries.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, SanDisk Ultra Extreme SSDs and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GPU.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunford View Post
    +1

I ain't even got a Mac (but planning on getting one). You can get a pretty good spec second hand Mac for same price as two well spec'd netbooks I'd say if you scout around.

A quick look found this: Macbook

Where a well spec'd netbook will easily cost you £200 minimum + RAM upgrades = same cost as the above Macbook with 2.2GHz Core 2 Duo and 3GB RAM. I know which I'd go for....
    Buying a core 2 at this time is a complete waste of money, it's been outdated for a while...

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789