Recommended netbooks for Traktor DJing? - Page 3
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Moderator of Silly Walks Citizen_Insane's Avatar

I'm gonna go ahead and agree with DJMaxOne here and say that the stability is KEY and very much worth the added price.
    I've been using macs all my life and I very rarely have problems (the old iMac started to have problems but that started when it was 10 years old at which point the motherboard started to fail.... but it still works and it's 12 now.).

Also your argument of "Because I can" is kinda stupid as you can afford to buy one good computer vs. two potentially shoddy ones.
    "Because 2 is the new black".... interesting colour system you have going there....
    Also why have two when you will predominately be using one, better value for your money to just have one. You are better off to buy one computer, then have a good backup drive (with an os installed) which you could boot from when it is plugged into the computer.

If you reallllllly want to go the netbook route there is the possibility of a netbook which has had it's components flashed so it can run the mac OS. This would presumably give you the stability of the mac OS (I am unsure of how stable the hackintoshes are) and the small size of a netbook. I'm not sure about the costs to do this though. You can probably figure this out with a few google searches though.
    Traktor Pro, VCM 600, Custom Midi Fighter, Presonus Firebox, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    http://soundcloud.com/citizen_insane/
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    All these subgenre's are like the grandchildren of disco with dubstep and D&B being the bad kids that smoke cigarettes and are in and out of jail.

computer vs computer and spec just aren't the issue. It's the OS. The OS is with out any shadow of a doubt the most important factor.

Seriously, why would I say it... I use computers a lot. PCs and Macs. I'm not trying to be a dick but the Mac OS is much more stable.

As Citizen_Insane says, buy an external HD and back it up. Mac comes with Time Machine built in. The most easy to use computer cloning software there is (you literally just turn it on).

If you have used traktor with a mac and you still disagree then fair enough... though i just cant imagine you have or you wouldn't even be considering it.

You can afford 2 netbooks... 1 macbook, i swear to you, is a better investment for djing than 2 netbooks.

You don't want to listen, no worries, but i know this to be true.

Good luck
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

ANY computer with stronger specs then netbooks is a better idea for djing, it's not like this has to turn into another mac/pc argument.

my 12" screen dell 700M with pentuim m processor is more powerful then the netbooks, and the screen as well as resolution smokes any netbook offering thus far, and its not much bigger then a netbook.

Tech Mentor

My advice to you, buy a powerfull PC for all your p0rn video-editting and stuff (i7) and a 13 / 15 inch laptop (macbook pro/dell/sony, up to you). Same money, way better performance.

Quote Originally Posted by charo View Post
    ANY computer with stronger specs then netbooks is a better idea for djing, it's not like this has to turn into another mac/pc argument.

my 12" screen dell 700M with pentuim m processor is more powerful then the netbooks, and the screen as well as resolution smokes any netbook offering thus far, and its not much bigger then a netbook.
    Agreed!
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Quote Originally Posted by dacuba View Post
    My advice to you, buy a powerfull PC for all your p0rn video-editting and stuff (i7) and a 13 / 15 inch laptop (macbook pro/dell/sony, up to you). Same money, way better performance.
    Also agreed

tbh i don't think it matters what we advise, this thread felt more like a brag about the OP disposable cash, but might just be the way i read the post

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Quote Originally Posted by BradCee View Post
    tbh i don't think it matters what we advise, this thread felt more like a brag about the OP disposable cash, but might just be the way i read the post
    Couldn't agree more

Surely you need more disposable cash to buy a macbook over two netbooks?
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

God you guys are boring. I said I didn't want to get into a pc/mac discussion.

Please stick to the topic of recommending netbooks, or don't post at all, pretty please?

For screen resolution comments, there are higher resolutions than 1024 on the more expensive models.
    Emil Beatsnatcher Brikha | www.LQP.se | Dell XPS M1330 (2.1 ghz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB ram), Traktor Pro 2.03, Novation Twitch.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast