Mounting a Slide Potentiometer????? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Yeah... I just call it dremel tools cause the brand has become iconic with the tool, like a rotozip, or sawzall.

Usually you can get them for pretty decent. I would say get a wall powered one, the battery ones seem to be underpowered.

Tech Wizard

forsure wall power all the way, looks about $100AUD so thats pretty f-ing good i think, but the attachements are going pretty hard.... thanks sine you are a saint.

Tech Wizard

Thanks cab. Trim router, forgot they existed!!

Tech Mentor

www.bigbluesaw.com <--where i get all my CNC/laser cutting done. Amazing prices. MUch easier than trying to do it yourself.

Tech Wizard

nice one tabs!! thats great, their designer is alot like front panel designer....

which is bad for me, being metric and all.

but good to upload my DXF files to, if they work..

cheers tho!

Simon from Big Blue Saw here. We've certainly seen an increase lately in customers making panels for MIDI controllers, mixing boards, and the like.

We'd love to have more of this business, so if there's anything we can do to improve our service for this group, please let me know.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Big Blue Saw View Post
    Simon from Big Blue Saw here. We've certainly seen an increase lately in customers making panels for MIDI controllers, mixing boards, and the like.

We'd love to have more of this business, so if there's anything we can do to improve our service for this group, please let me know.
    I would advise going over to http://forum.midibox.org/ and http://www.gearslutz.com/board/ and letting them know of your services also. I'll also post up my acrylic top you just made when I get it also.

and Micko what is so badass is when u upload your DXF it shows the rendering right there so u will know if it uploaded right. Their prices are $100+ cheaper than everyone else I have found, it is simply amazing.

Thanks for the tip; I'll try to figure out how to post on those other forums without spamming.

I've found it odd that very few people are taking advantage of the fact that we offer engraving. For the plastic materials, we can engrave labels for the various controls right onto the panel. Instead, most are opting for a Star-Trek-like unlabeled expanse of buttons, lights, and knobs, which I would imagine would be confusing.

I mean, who wouldn't want a volume control that went to "12"?

Tech Wizard

@TABS

the the dxf upload wasn't working entirely for me, but simon got it sorted, thanks alot for the big blue saw link tabs, and all the help for your as well simon!

the local places in OZland were averaging at $325ish AUD per panel, i quickly told them to pull their finger out, but i guess they don't care about the dude that makes music.
    so yes tabs, it could even be about $200 cheaper, and thats with the O.S shipping!

@ simon again, i will be adding a 'big knob' that goes to "over 9000" just for your engraving satisfaction!

defiantly a resource that needs to be tapped!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast