funniest thing to happen to you during a set - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Tech Wizard

This crazy drunk chav came behind the decks at this one place I was playing and gave the other DJ a wedgie while he was bending over looking through his records! He outstayed his welcome though and banged into me while i was mixing - i lost my temper and ejected him across a table full of beer. Apparently after that he pinched the gaffers mrs's arse outside and got knocked out!
    ::: DJ (House/Deep/Techno)
    :::
    Percussionist

Tech Wizard

OK. So im playing Drum and Bass (about 170bpm) and this girl comes up to me complaining that the "music is too slow" and that i should "play something faster".

I of course am deeply confused and briefly consider playing her some gabber or hardstyle. But, i quickly figure she is only counting every other beat which made her think the music is a sloowww 85bpm.

I try and explain this to her and after several minutes of talk with the confused drunk girl:

Her: "Oh so i was only listening to half the beat"

Me: "YES! Thats what i have been saying!"

Her: "OK then, so play it twice as fast!"

Me: *Facepalm*

I was playing on 4 decks, 2 tt's and 2 on controllers. So i break into a nice cue juggle routine and this girl comes up and lifts the needle of the goddamn record that playing the backing beat. Then she looks at me and says something like, "You're not even playing records". Now i'm pretty professional most of the time and did a swift transition into the next track, even though it was a little out of phrase, but i didn't have much of a choice. Then i gave her a retarded look and started scratching on the deck she lifted the needle off of. This had her smiling and i guess she was convinced that i was "djing" now. At this point i remembered someone's story on here about fucking with a girl doing pretty much the same thing. So i motioned for her to come in the both, did a little transform, and kinda put her hand on the deck to let her give it a go. At this point she was super excited, so i figured i would knock her down a few pegs. So i did another little transform, and quickly swapped the main track onto the deck i was scratching on, i motioned for her turn and she was so scared when the beat was replaced by her ill fated attempts at scratching that she just stopped the record with her hand. Now i knew this was coming, and had loaded the classic cartoon trumpet fail sound on my sample deck, "Womp, womp" and the crowd started laughing hysterically. Then this chick pretty much ran out of the club in shame. But the best part is, now she comes back every week and is one of my biggest hype-men at that club, telling everybody how good i am and what not. I never though humiliating someone would be a good way to gain fans, who knew??

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Str8upDrew View Post
    now she comes back every week and is one of my biggest hype-men at that club, telling everybody how good i am and what not.
    Sounds like you've got a stalker now mate.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Sounds like you've got a stalker now mate.
    i wouldnt complain lol
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

The sound technician who decided to get himself high on Extacy (idiot) dirty dancing with his lighting rigs, put his foot through a sub (not so funny) then eventually stripping naked and proceeding to take a shower in the dancefloor using water bottles.

Down side, during his whatever you call he was doing he was mucking with levels and ended up pinning the monitor levels on myself and my partner of the time causing damage to our hearing.
    MacBook Pro 2.53ghz . iMac 2.6ghrz . Compaq 2.4ghrz . Berhinger A5OD Reference Amp . Berhinger Ultra Graph Pro . Behringer Truth B1030A Monitors . Stanton FS Open . Native Instruments Maschine . Numark Mixdeck . TraktorLE . Vestax VCI-100 . Behringer UMX-25 . M-Audio Trigger Finger . . Ableton Live 8 . Reason 5 . Logic 9 Express .

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456