funniest thing to happen to you during a set - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

While sat waiting to come on at a club near where i used to live these two guys were playing back to back before me. Everything had been going well and the crowd was loving it, i had about 20 mins before I was due to start.
    Suddenly the two DJs playing back to back start arguing about something, shouting comments at each other while trying to play it all starts to get heated and one smashes the other square in the face. This almighty fight breaks out and the are proper going at it just on the floor of the booth, i didn't know what to do so while they're on the floor I start waving to the promoter who runs over and tries to break it up. He gets drawn into the ruc, takes a few jabs while trying to wave for the bouncers so I just slyly walked over to the decks, got my tunes out and continued playing for them, meanwhile the are record sleeves, headphones, fists etc flying around behind me, by this time the crowd are all trying to see whats going on, bouncers wade in and the two DJ's were out on their ears and the crowd cheered and i rocked it!!!
    MBP, 15.4", Ableton Live 8 Suite, Novation Remote SL, Pioneer XDJ-RX, Traktor, VCI 100SE!

Tech Wizard

I've not got any funny or interesting stories myself, but on some girls blog she talked about a DJ AM gig, where two girls starting to fight on the dancefloor, and he played the rocky theme. I always thought that that's some pretty clever DJing.

A while back in a small club, I was finishing a set on DVS, my mate, usually on vinyl, put a CD in to play some new demo tune. When we heard some garbling, deep, kick-ass sound coming from the speakers, we went to get a beer. When we came back, the same sound was still playing, and I was kind of wondering about that huge, boring intro. That was when we realized it was actually a track that was still loaded into the laptop and for some reason, the DVS picked up some noise or hum, interpreted it as timecode and played a tiny fraction of the loaded tune back and forth really slowly. For five minutes. Dancefloor was empty, of course.

Last month, when we had a DnB party right after some electroclash-band had a live gig in the same club, another mate started the night with a set on his pacemaker. When i was on my way to the bar (again), I went past those two girls talking to each other and wondering why there was only some premixed cd running and why that guy in the booth was playing with his cellphone for so long instead of finally starting to get to work.

Default Piss in My Booth

I was DJing open format at this club in Miami, Florida when an old High School friend comes up and says "Yo, man. What's up? Long time no see." He jumps up into the booth. He says he really has to pee. "Really bad." I jump into a mix and ignore him for a moment. Next thing you know he is peeing into the corner of the booth. I thought he was joking. Then I see him pull up his pants with a relieved look on his face and I rip off my headphones and say "You did not really just piss in my DJ booth?" He was really blasted and stumbled oout of my booth like an idiot. Unbelievable.

Tech Wizard

one that I thought went well just happened to me last saturday at a show...

My set was going well, I was playing a real sick housey-hip hop track when my laptop crashed. I was freaking out because everyone was digging what I was doing. Thankfully the crash kept the sound going (an error report poped up and kept my sound running) I have a djm400 and I hit a 4 bar delay, it was looping a peeeeerfect 4 bar loop. Thankfully I use cdj400's. I poped in a cd in the other cdj and mixed out of it. the crash couldnt have gone better. I was damn lucky

Tech Wizard

4 bar roll not delay... my bad

didnt see this one...made my own...so i will add mine here...

i have two...

i was playing an 80s party...rockin some De La Soul...she comes up and ask "can me and my boyfriend hear some hip hop"...i pointed to the speakers and told her "whats this?"...she said "we want to hear some current hip hop"...i leaned over and told her "you do realize this is an 80s party?"...dumb B!tch...

and

"hey man...where's the ice?"...not sure if he meant for his drink or some crystal meth...(shrugs)...
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Tech Mentor

Cue going out over master is the worst I've had.
    Butcher
    DJ/Producer/Audio Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by Mixer Miyagi View Post
    I guess those subs hit the brown note.

that is the best qoute of 2010

One time I was DJ-ing a party of a friend of mines and another friend walks into the booth, drunk as a russian lumberjack, and starts asking a bunch of questions. I turn to get a CD out of my book and hear a GOD AWFUL sound. Silence. followed by random scratching

Turns out my friend had fallen asleep on one of the CDj's (used on vinyl mode) so the music stopped and as he twitched in his sleep he was scratching. I shoved him off and managed to keep the track playing as everyone wondered what the hell happened
    Dancing to good music should be like having sex with the air.

Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/dj-jarvis

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast