funniest thing to happen to you during a set - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Fatlimey View Post
    Yeah, and this one time it was, like 3am and I'm deep into Emacs up to my ears in edit buffers debugging this USB-MIDI driver and...

oh.

(P.S. Kappalite 3012LF drivers arrived today. I see cabinet building in my near future.)

hahahaha, You are about to have some fun my friend. The build goes a lot easier with 2 people though (if youve got a buddy to help you out). Thats a damn good story!

and ViM kicks the crap out of emacs any day!

Last night a friend and I were spinning at a bar and some drunk girl came up and requested some lame song, so my buddy told her she needed to buy us shots if she wanted to hear her song. She went and bought us double shots of Makers Mark, and right as she got back to the booth she spilled them both all over herself. She actually went back and bought two more shots for us, and I still didn't play her song (I'm not a total dick, I didn't even have it).

Intoxicated /adj./ When you feel sophisticated without being able to pronounce it.

facebook.com/DJJakeLake
    jakelake.info

me and another techtools dj were spinning at a venue in atlanta and a car caught on fire outside the venue literally only a few yards away. had to get him come check it out in the beginning of his set for a brief moment.
    Durty Harry
    13" Macbook Pro, Numark TTXUSB, Vestax VMC002XLU (upgraded to cf-pcv crossfader,) Vestax PMC-05 PRO III, Audio 4 DJ, Kontrol X1, Traktor Scratch Duo. -----WWW.LABWERXDJS.NET-----

Quote Originally Posted by Hans Gruber View Post
    suddenly there was a girl comming to the booth and asking what´s wrong with all moaning during the dj sets.
    You could've said "we're playing an unreleased remix of French Kiss"

2 things.
    2 summers ago I was playing this local dance party. I was standing in the booth while my buddy was playing. There were these 3 girls on the side of the booth that none of us knew, they were just watching and drinking. Everything was fine. Towards the end of his set one of the girls starts trying to get around to the door. She doesn't make it and shits all over herself. Literally all over herself. She was wearing this tiny dress, it was horrible and smelled even worse. I guess those subs hit the brown note.

Second story, same place. This time it was my set. These frat boy-esque kids were all jumping around, rolling, and holding on to each other. So they kept trying to come up to the booth. Their was this one bouncer guy that didn't look all that fight worthy but he kept pushing them back and being like, "Fuck you, fuck off." Then one of the frat boys pushes him and the start going at it. And this bouncer got the shit kicked out of him right there by some frat boys. I guess it wasn't that funny but if you had seen this little bouncer talking a bunch of shit...

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Mixer Miyagi View Post
    2 things.
    2 summers ago I was playing this local dance party. I was standing in the booth while my buddy was playing. There were these 3 girls on the side of the booth that none of us knew, they were just watching and drinking. Everything was fine. Towards the end of his set one of the girls starts trying to get around to the door. She doesn't make it and shits all over herself. Literally all over herself. She was wearing this tiny dress, it was horrible and smelled even worse. I guess those subs hit the brown note.
    1 girl 1 booth

Tech Mentor

^ x2. i actually hate having people in the booth. if anyone, i prefer someone that is either a DJ or knows about djing. i hate it when people like look over my shoulder and ask me questions and stuff. its one thing for someone who knows about djing to look over my shoulder to catch what track i am playing, or playing next, its another to have people all up in my business.

Tech Guru

hahahaha brown note.

Now this didn't happen during my set but its still pretty crazy. So a few years back we had a benefit show to help pay for my buddies surgery. It was a pretty decent sized warehouse show, about 250 people. It's about 11:45 and 45 Thieves are going on at 12. I'm over by the water booth making sure nobody needs anything. I look up, and what do i see??? A fucking grenade flying through the air. I mean a military canister grenade. It's heading right for the center of the crowd, and i almost shit my pants. AND.... A huge cloud of smoke starts pouring out. So a military smoke grenade is going off in the middle of our show. My buddy Mark runs out of no where, grabs it and runs it out the back door. Thank god. But there was still enough smoke inside to make it almost impossible to see. The best part, is one of the guys from 45 Thieves comes up to me like "Fuck Yeah... Now It's a Party." They went on and destroyed it. We found out that it was the venue owner who threw the grenade, talked some shit and made him pay us for a change.

i've been attacked by giant moths, landing on my gear in the way of the faders, and getting stuck in my dreads. also seen a guy get his cock out on the dfloor. and i accidentally elbowed a chick in the face while she was grinding me, her fault
    Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Kaon, none of that has to do with drum and bass.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast