X-Session Pro with Traktor Pro Mapping - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I'm having problems with importing the TSi file into Scratch Pro so I can use my X-Session. I've tried the 3 files I can find through the search on here and Google, and all three are recognized in the TSP file browser, but when loaded, it doesn't change anything! I'm expecting it to load a preset range of settings in relation to the controls on the X-Session, but nothing works! I'm missing something, right?

I've moved over from TorqLE as it wouldn't allow me to assign independent channels to my external mixer, but after spending the money on TSP, I now can't sync the two things together so i'm still without my X-Session!

HELP!!!!

myke tantrum, i'm really new to tpro - haven't mapped anything yet but from what i've read, check thru the basics of selecting the xsession ins and outs, be sure traktor is seeing it. i've jsut switched over from Torq 1.5.2 and am learning the tpro ropes as well. i have an xsession pro that i plan on mapping but not with anything i found here.

i have a Kontrol X1 so thats going to do my FX, browsing/loading, cuepoints, etc. just need the xsession for internal mixer and maybe a seperate tsi when i'm ready to tackle all four decks. i keep watching this post to see if anyone else has a different mapping that might suit me better. in the end, i think making your own is best cause everything will be where it makes sense for you

Cheers Deco, sounds like we might learn a lot from each other as we're at relatively the same point

I was SOOOooo frustrated with TorqLE and the X-Session after I initially purchased it. I was misinformed by the sales 'assistant', but also I didn't know enough about it prior to the purchase, however, it did only cost me £50 so I can't complain. What initially seemed to be a good piece of software has been let down by poor afterthought, support and misconception (well that's how I feel). TorqLE 'looks' very nice, but under the surface it doesn't have enough options to make it user friendly (especially from a dj's point of view), but then I suppose this is where M-Audios more expensice equipment and software comes into the argument. I've been a long time fan of M-Audio stuff, but this has disappointed me a lot!

As for the X-Session itself, it's not too bad, for a lump of plastic. It'll eventually do what I want it to, and I can use it in Ableton and REASON4 without any problems.

Anyhow, back to the topic, i'm not here to slate other vendors equipment.

I've checked in the Preferences Pane, under Midi-Setup, Midi-Input-Devices and I have my US-122 Midi Port, Roland EDPC-300 Keyboard, USB Audio Device (Emulated) and USB Audio Device [2] (Emulated). The 2 USB Audio devices have a cross next to them. Is one of these the X-Session?

Screenshot link:

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j2...-traktorsp.jpg

Looks like i'm going to have to delve into this a LOT deeper.
    Last edited by Myke_TANTRUM; 03-12-2010 at 02:28 PM.

yeah, you've got lots more plugged in there than i know about. someone else will be able to help i'm sure.

Tech Student

Hi Andre,

Could you please send me a new link to download midimap(traktor pro) for X-session pro, please?
    I downloaded the zip file but It wont extract, it says unknown format or file is broke.
    Thanks in Advance!!

Sam Nieminen

shaboom---@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by klene View Post
    Hi Andre,

Could you please send me a new link to download midimap(traktor pro) for X-session pro, please?
    I downloaded the zip file but It wont extract, it says unknown format or file is broke.
    Thanks in Advance!!

Sam Nieminen

shaboom---@hotmail.com
    Email sent

Tech Wizard

@ and_leite

I have been pondering lately on which controller I should buy as my first tippy toe step into the big bad world of controllers.

I would just like to say thank you for this map as it as greatly helped me make a decision to go with the X-session pro.

Once I have purchased and used your map I shall update you on my journey

Tech Convert

thx a lot i hope work with this mapping very well , what can you do with green and red colours? because i want only use mid high low cue play pause and volume and pitch blend , why should activate the green and red colours , did they modify anything?
    because cue play pause are on the black colour on that .pdf :P
    and fx and another are on green color or red color ?
    what are the differences?

When you keep the LEFT headphone button held the controllers behave as the GREEN labels, when you keep the RIGHT headphone button held the controllers behave as the RED labels, otherwise you have the default behaviour (Play, Cue, FX Parameter, etc).

Default X-Session Pro TSI

Hi, does anyone have a basic TSI for the X-Session Pro for use purely as a mixer to go with my X1 and TP mixing internally with an Audio2DJ. I only want a traditional mixer controls ie crossfader, channel faders, pitch, headphone cue, EQ and volume. I will use the X1 for filters, loops, transport controls, etc. I will also add in another control surface to scratch with on one deck later. All advice gratefully acepted.
    Maxiboy

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast