VCI-100 Mapping Version 3_4 (Stable) - Page 9

View Poll Results: Is this mapping working well for you?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES!

17 19.77%
  • NEARLY PERFECT

27 31.40%
  • NEEDS SOME WORK

42 48.84%
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by flashflooder View Post
    Is this something you've been able to repeat? I've never experienced this and it's hard to say why it may be happening unless you have an idea of a pattern that's causing it (I tried Slice on the Right deck a bunch of times but couldn't get your results).
    first off, I don't know if this has got anything to do with it, but I play on 4 decks, alot.

Playing around with the mapping, i found that pressing shift (more than once) usually unfreezes the vci. (I have raised the latency to 15ms & haven't had a major crash since.)

Also, I was unable to revive the vci like flashflooder suggested by turning it on/off. once it's turned off/on traktor stops recognizing the vci.

hope this helps isolating the bug, cause we like this mapping.
    OSX 10.6.4 | Traktor Pro 2 | VCi-100 FW 1.4 | NI Audio 8 | Xone 92 | M Audio BX8A Deluxe

any reason why my echo doesnt echo, lol, if i try to do an echo fade, and stop the track, teh track STOPS, no echo out

Tech Mentor

@flashflooder

i've noticed if i have a track on deck b playing at 131 bpm and on deck a the aerodynamic track that ean posted in another thread.i set up effect preset 4 and double tap the headphone of b and route to only deck a.i then select the effect 2 for control with the knobs at the top right of the vci.i have juggle 1-4 selected.so deck b is looped (simple breakbeat) and i hit deck A juggle 1,i then press the button to turn on the gater(the 4th and last button along)and move deck A jog back and forth whilst twisting the gater knob and hitting juggles 1-4 it freezes the vci.(it only seems to freeze as im twisting the knob and moving the jog back and forth.not after i press a juggle button.)happens alot,would say between 1 m and 4mins of use.(i tend to hit 1 with gater at 1/4 note pull back the platter then release platter and twist to 1/8 then pull back platter and start twisting and scratching with the jog.(i've not tried to re-create this the opposite way round though.)

also the single effect preset(shift and 4th button)for echo.the dry/wet knob cancels out the freeze function.i.e if i press the freeze button and turn the dry/wet knob it turns off freeze.

i've explained this as informed as i can so hope it is clear and simple to anyone who wants to try it.

rest of it has worked flawlessly for me.(not even pops and crackles!!)

thanx

edit:-the clicking/glitchy sound was down to my usb cable.djtt usb cable recommended.
    Last edited by calvin01; 03-20-2010 at 06:32 PM.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Digital Demon View Post
    any reason why my echo doesnt echo, lol, if i try to do an echo fade, and stop the track, teh track STOPS, no echo out
    You need to continue pressing/holding the 'echo' button down. The effect, unfortunately, doesn't continue if you let go of it. It's a momentary switch so to speak. It might be more effective for some users if it behaved as a 'toggle' switch, something i've thought about, but haven't tried to modify and practice the actual effectiveness of that ideal in a performance setting.
    benny blanco®
    blancodisco.com

Setup: VCI-100 SE 1.4, MidiFighter, Audio 8, Audio 2, Griffin PowerMate, WD Passport 500GB, MacBookPro 8GB RAM, Uberstand, Traktor Scratch Pro 2, Trainspotter, iPhone 4, TouchOSC & Noel's 4D Templates

you need to hold the platter down so that FRZ is lit. It's hit or miss for me to be honest.

Hi Ean

I Would like To Be Able To Select Deck Focus From The VCI-100.

Here Are 2 Suggestions For This:
    1) Auto Focus a Deck As It Is Loaded.
    2) Use DeckC Button To Toggle Focus Between Decks A/C,
    Use DeckD Button To Toggle Focus Between B/D.

Hope You Can Implement This For Me
    Thanks
    The Duelist
    17" MacBook Pro 2.5 GHz C2D | MacOS 10.6.2 (Snow Leopard)
    Traktor 1.2.4 | VCI-100SE v3.4
    Korg Zero8 | NI Audio8 DJ | Akai APC40 | KRK V8 Mk2 | Sony MDR-7506
    Novation Remote SL25MkII | Kore2 | Komplete6 | Virus TI
    Ableton Live8 (Suite) | Logic9 | Reason4 | Audio Hijack Pro

Tech Student

Default Bugs all over

Quote Originally Posted by obri3n View Post
    Ok, Just got my Custom VCI100... Loaded up the new 1.003_4 mapping, into traktor pro 1.2.4...

Things dont work right on my mapping...

My loops active button doesnt work, doesnt stay toggled.

My juggle 1-4 / 5-8 buttons stop playback etc...

I can see fx routing

ANyone having similar problems?

----

I knew I would figure it out eventually...

The latest Traktor preferences looks a little different...

On the input and output I had it set on all ports. WRONG

Vestax in and out, SORTED :]

Any known fix
    My setup is very buggy to say the least. Similar to the one described above.

Too bad I don't understand his solution?!?

For example. A simple task like loop 8 active doesn't even work. The "active" and "in" buttons lights up when I press the controller but the loop doesn't stay active.

Actually it didn't work in the previous mapping as well.

Also, many of the lights on the controller don't match the state in Traktor.

I don't even wanna go into the FX routing yet.

Anyone know what might be the problem?

Thanks in advance.
    - M.
    ---

My setup is:
    Mac OS X
    Version 10.5.8
    Memory: 4GB
    Traktor version: 1.2.4

Tech Wizard

Default sampler

i'm having problem with the sampler
    it seems that it doesnt really "record" the first part of my sample

example
    i have 4 cues ready (deck b)
    i select the sampler button
    activate it for deck b
    and press the 4 cues buttons in 1,2,3 order alongside the beat of deck A

when i later cranck up the volume of the sampler the first cue is almost always missing and the sound quality is very weird on cue #2.

anybody else have this problem

macbook
    osx snow leopard latest
    traktor 1.24
    latest mapping
    vci arcade
    10ms

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by EanGolden View Post
    Thanks for all your feedback on the last mapping. This new version is very stable and has fixed all of the known bugs. Some major things we changed:

• Improved the Pitch bend Performance
    • Fixed the Jog Wheel scratch bug
    • Improved Fader FX presets 3,4
    • Includes a version of the TSI that fixes the FX routing Glitch

Download the File here

Requirements
    You must have Traktor 1.24 or later to use this file otherwise it will not import properly.

To Load this file
    ⁃ Select the BIG import button in the lower left hand corner of the preferences tab.

What Settings to Load

• MIDI: Everyone
    • EFFECTS: Everyone (please load this file twice if you are using it for the first time to load the FX properly)
    • LAYOUT: Only if you want the layout to change when switching decks from A/B to C/D. To customize your own, modify the layouts in position 1 and 3.
    • ALL OTHER SETTINGS: Import these if you want the Pitch fader to be set to 8%, and for deck copy to work perfectly.

VIDEO TUTORIALS

BASIC CONTROLS, LOOPING AND 4 DECKS
    FADER FX, SAMPLER AND MORE

Purchase the matching overlays

Known Issues for VCI-100 owners with firmware Version 1.2

• The “D” button in the FX section will not work as indicated.
    • In Fader FX mode, the level fader's will not “freeze” effects as in version 1.3.
    • The Sync button for Decks A and C will not properly light up when synced.

FX Routing Glitch
    We have included a TSI file for users that are experiencing the FX routing glitch. This solves the problem but removes the ability to see your FX routing on the LED. The controls are the same but the buttons only display the FX status all the time. Only use the glitch FX fix file if you are having glitches while pressing route fx- its disables the route fx LEDs.
    I've got many problems here with TRAKTOR PRO istalled in Mac Osx 10.4 ...I've already import the TSI File in the folder downloaded from your link...but it doesn't import anything...can you help me???
    Thanx

Quote Originally Posted by gauss dj View Post
    I've got many problems here with TRAKTOR PRO istalled in Mac Osx 10.4 ...
    yeah, that might be the problem. i don't think the latest version of traktor supports 10.4. Do yourself a favour & get the mac upgrade for $30. It works from 10.4 too (even though they say it doesn't on the package).

cheers,
    OSX 10.6.4 | Traktor Pro 2 | VCi-100 FW 1.4 | NI Audio 8 | Xone 92 | M Audio BX8A Deluxe

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast