VCI-100 Mapping Version 3_4 (Stable) - Page 8

View Poll Results: Is this mapping working well for you?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES!

17 19.77%
  • NEARLY PERFECT

27 31.40%
  • NEEDS SOME WORK

42 48.84%
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

I have the same issues with the sync button. I even have to reset Traktor now andf again to get them to work.
    HoOkEr T

Quote Originally Posted by CodeMorse View Post
    Just found something else that was really weird; was giving the Slice/Echo buttons a combo test (cutting up with slice and dropping echo at the end etc) and deck B went completely apeshit, as in Exorcist... pitch went -100%, phase meter was somewehre south of the bermuda triangle and sync button went on holiday, then all of deck b stopped responding to controller commands until i reset the pitch in TP with the mouse...

Update:
    Happened again on Deck A this time while using Slice only. this time the track stopped a la motor off while I was using Slice, the track just stopped as if I switched a deck off, when I hit play the track played backward very slowly and the tempowas jumping up and down, this only stopped when IU tapped the jog wheel
    I've confirmed that this is a bug that will be fixed in the next release. If you are tempo bending with the outer wheel and press Slice or Echo while the tempo is still moving, it will cause the tempo to shoot to 0% or 100%. If you press Play after, it either jumps to 100% or starts playing backwards.

If you encounter this bug, the easiest way to get out of it is to quickly click the highlighted arrow (to the right of Sync and Master) in Traktor after you realize it occurred.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunford View Post
    When I try to set cue points, the jog wheels 'scratches' when touched, instead of just setting the cue point
    This is a known issue that may be fixed in the next revision. If you want to set cue points on the fly while the deck is running and like this way of doing it, it is best to turn Scratch off momentarily and then do it. Otherwise, Juggle Modes are good for quick Cue Point setting.

Quote Originally Posted by minimal View Post
    Again, I had buttons on my right deck not responding (loop & sync) after a couple of shots of the slice button on that deck. I hadn't even used the fader fx yet.

Not a happy camper...

I would love to get some feedback from the DJTT mods. Is this something you are aware of? working on? what's the deal.

I have the latest traktor pro (not scratch), fw 1.3, audio8 (11.5 latency), macbook with 10.6 snowlep.
    Is this something you've been able to repeat? I've never experienced this and it's hard to say why it may be happening unless you have an idea of a pattern that's causing it (I tried Slice on the Right deck a bunch of times but couldn't get your results).

For those who have been experiencing the LEDs becoming unresponsive, the best bet is to turn the controller off and then back on. After turning it back on, you may need to press the Route FX button and it should reset all of the LEDs to their proper state.

For people getting Fader FX to freeze their controller, you may also need to turn the controller back on and off. However, it would be nice if those who are experiencing it can try to find some sort of pattern to see if it is a tsi issue. Otherwise, read on for a bug tip below.

The only related bug I know of is that on some people's machines, a combination of the Slice and Echo buttons in Fader FX mode will throw one of the modifiers out of whack (making a lot of the buttons not function as they are supposed to). From my investigation, for those who experience this, it only occurs on sometimes the first and more frequently the second time you have Traktor open after loading the tsi.

If you are playing live with this tsi and aren't sure if you have this bug but want to be safe, after you load the tsi, you should close Traktor, open it again, close it again, and from here on out it should work. If you ever reload the tsi, you will have to do all the closing and opening again. Don't ask me to explain why. It is truly bizarre and unexplainable as of now. Hope this helps.

Tech Student

I am still waiting for my overlay on the house..
    It's like waiting forever. I'd love to use the new mapping, but it is no fun without the complimentary overlay.

@remax

Until you get your overlay:

If you have a Silver VCI, just remove the Original plates and write on the face above/below the button/knob the function (I used mine like this for quite some time while I too waited for the overlay).

If you have a Black SE, use small pieces of masking tape and put them above/below the button/knob. Now write the function on the masking tape. Remove when you get your overlay.

Enjoy, Phil.

P.S. This is not the right thread for this.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

i also got this problem with pitch bend -100% , looks like its still not stable, i still thinking about using a 3.0 , so many bugs ... my MF also freeze ... whats is software or hardware problems?hope to get some support from DJTT.

Quote Originally Posted by flashflooder View Post
    I've confirmed that this is a bug that will be fixed in the next release. If you are tempo bending with the outer wheel and press Slice or Echo while the tempo is still moving, it will cause the tempo to shoot to 0% or 100%. If you press Play after, it either jumps to 100% or starts playing backwards.

If you encounter this bug, the easiest way to get out of it is to quickly click the highlighted arrow (to the right of Sync and Master) in Traktor after you realize it occurred.
    Hey flashflooder thank you for the feedback there, after GusGus "Hateful" decided to go to 256bpm (AAAAAA!!!!) tonight and almost gave me a heart attack, I noticed that tapping the jogwheel (like when using Echo freeze function) seems to reset it, the thing is i am a little loathe to provide feedback since i still have the 1.2FW and it may well be messing with the tsi (?). Also can you provide some feedback about pops and clicks when using juggle 1-8 and shift buttons? (I think i posted about it but my memory is more of a rough guide of events atm) but yeah no matter when I press them fader up or down etc i get pops n clicks, this one has had me up the wall, there's nothing worse than declicking 2 hour minimal tech sets in something like Soundforge...
    1x Allen & Heath Xone K2, 1xXone K1, Edirol PCR M1, 4x Numark TTXUSB, Audio10 and a truck load of vinyl...

Tech Wizard

Well my bugs have seem to gone away. The only thing I did different was reload traktor and the vci multiple times and touched all the buttons on the vci. The only major bug I still have is the tempo bending with the slice/echo and top right sampler button.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast