VCI-100 Mapping Version 3_4 (Stable) - Page 5

View Poll Results: Is this mapping working well for you?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES!

17 19.77%
  • NEARLY PERFECT

27 31.40%
  • NEEDS SOME WORK

42 48.84%
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Agreed. If you are just controlling two decks and only using FX presets and the dedicated FX knobs it should be all right. (I really like the shift plus the FX knobs to scroll through the FX types.)

It is tricky and easy to lose track of, but I guess it is the whole theory behind controllerism and digital DJing. Condensing many functions into a smaller device or one knob (via modifiers, shift key or however you call it). I noticed after a few run-through the mapping wasn't nearly that intimidating. Ean made it complex, but not overly complex. At least the EQs and gain are constant.

I try to be really neurotic when playing--always turning off effects once I switched the track over. Moving filter, EQs, etc. back to their normal positions.
    BlackBook, MidiFighter, Traktor Kontrol S4, AIAIAI TMA-1, Raw Passion

The FX glitch Fix TSI didnt do anything about the glitch for me, running TP 1.2.4 with FW 1.2 on VCI, Am I doing something wrong? Advise would be well appreciated
    1x Allen & Heath Xone K2, 1xXone K1, Edirol PCR M1, 4x Numark TTXUSB, Audio10 and a truck load of vinyl...

Just found something else that was really weird; was giving the Slice/Echo buttons a combo test (cutting up with slice and dropping echo at the end etc) and deck B went completely apeshit, as in Exorcist... pitch went -100%, phase meter was somewehre south of the bermuda triangle and sync button went on holiday, then all of deck b stopped responding to controller commands until i reset the pitch in TP with the mouse...

Update:
    Happened again on Deck A this time while using Slice only. this time the track stopped a la motor off while I was using Slice, the track just stopped as if I switched a deck off, when I hit play the track played backward very slowly and the tempowas jumping up and down, this only stopped when IU tapped the jog wheel
    Last edited by CodeMorse; 03-08-2010 at 09:13 AM. Reason: More discoveries
    1x Allen & Heath Xone K2, 1xXone K1, Edirol PCR M1, 4x Numark TTXUSB, Audio10 and a truck load of vinyl...

Get the 1.3fw re malaka!! j/k

Quote Originally Posted by CodeMorse View Post
    Update:
    Happened again on Deck A this time while using Slice only. this time the track stopped a la motor off while I was using Slice, the track just stopped as if I switched a deck off, when I hit play the track played backward very slowly and the tempowas jumping up and down, this only stopped when IU tapped the jog wheel
    this exact same thing happened to me earlier tonight as well

@Chilly if it was in stock I would have done where d'you learn to drop lines like a Greek? lolol

(ah you are Greek lololol, ti malakas pou sai, den les tpt lololol)
    Last edited by CodeMorse; 03-09-2010 at 03:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by djproben View Post
    I'd really like to get the PLAY button behavior back to what it used to be -- e.g. go back to last cue point and keep playing rather than PLAY/PAUSE. Any easy way to change that?
    +1
    I really got used to the old way the play button worked.
    HoOkEr T

Tech Convert

Hello,
    I still got those odd sounds when I press: JUGGLE1-4, JUGGLE5-8 and FX TYPE. With VCI-1003_4(FX FIX).tis "ROUTE FX" seems to be fixed now.

- IBM Lenovo Laptop
    - Windows 7 Pro (64 bit) (fresh installation without unwanted software)
    - Intel Coe2Duo 8700
    - 4GB RAM
    - All unwanted devices disabled
    - DPC latency (http://www.thesycon.de/deu/latency_check.shtml) about 150 µs (stable)
    - Traktor Pro 1.2.4
    - NI Audio 2 DJ

Is this problem also known on MAC OSX or Windows XP?

Regards,
    Florian

I had a couple of strange issues yesterday.

1) Cue Points
    When I try to set cue points, the jog wheels 'scratches' when touched, instead of just setting the cue point

2) Strange effects/tempo
    When I was using effects and then pressed Play/Pause, the pitch began going up and up until it got to max level. Only way to stop it and reset it was by not touching anything and pressing Play/Pause again. Then, when I pressed Sync on the other deck, it synced to the max pitch level instead of the reset pitch.
    Ableton 9.7.5, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, MOTU 828 Mk2, Nektar Impact LX61+, Ableton Push, Native Instruments Kore 2, and a random selection of soft synths and sample libraries.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, SanDisk Ultra Extreme SSDs and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GPU.

Loving the new mapping. Was kinda not wanting to upgrade because 2.4 mapping was nice but this is better!
    The FX rework is fantastic. Having a lit fader fx is also quite good -less live FU then the last version.

Issues:
    -whenever I play around with the Fader FX after a while the VCI stops getting LED messages. ie. Fader FX button doesn't turn off and any other buttons don't light up although they do what they're supposed to. Only fix is restarting Traktor.

-switching to deck c/d, if my sync/headphones are on on A/B they stay on & vice versa not showing the decks state.

-Is it possible to get a list of the FX banks? preset fx and ones in the fx section are just a mess. tried loading twice, nada. Would love to see the original fx combos.

Great Work DJTT!

Mac SnowLep, FW1.3, Audio 8....

PS. thanks for the comments in the controller mapping

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast