VCI-100 Mapping Version 3_4 (Stable) - Page 3

View Poll Results: Is this mapping working well for you?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES!

17 19.77%
  • NEARLY PERFECT

27 31.40%
  • NEEDS SOME WORK

42 48.84%
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by one&2s View Post
    I'm still having problems with the LED's and the FX on a VCI-100 standard with the firmware update and Traktor Version 1.24 The LED's aren't syncing with the beat and the FX slots aren't assigning to any decks. Any suggestions?
    Bugger..... I got th LED sych problem too....

You need to use the headphone button as a "shift" for the corresponding deck to get the fx assignment i.e hold FX 1 and press headphone button on deck 1 to assign it, hope that helps. Personally I was nonplussed before I saw Ean do it on the vid. (That said I havent updated my tsi from DJTT since 2.4 I think)
    1x Allen & Heath Xone K2, 1xXone K1, Edirol PCR M1, 4x Numark TTXUSB, Audio10 and a truck load of vinyl...

Tech Guru

Froze Up again using Fader FX.

using OS X Snow Leopard, TP 1.2.4, VCI-100 with 1.3 fw.

Was using using Fader FX on my left deck, while crossfading to a new song. The fader fx button turned of on its own and I was still in fader fx. Pressed the button a few times nothing. Hit juggle mode and that worked. Checked the pitch faders and then my right deck the one playing when all yellow and no music was playing.

Cool stuff. Loads better than a standar VCI 100 mapping now I've had time to fiddle with it.

I got some issues though. Not sure if they're personal or general, but my VCI is brand new so should be working fine. I'm using Traktor Pro 1.2.4 and VCI-100 1.2 firmware. The things I noticed so far are:

* FX Presets don't seem to change anything with lights 1, 2 and 3 always off, just blinking when pressed. But light 4 seems to be always on for some reason.
    * Sync lights randomly turn green when pressed, rather than staying on. Also, sync within Traktor doesn't seem to 'activate', just flash on. So it seems the mapping it not telling it to 'latch' on, just turn on while the button is pressed. Seems to happen more on Deck 1 than Deck 2.
    * The upper right corner 3 tiny knobs used for effects seem to change during use but as soon as I stop turning one, to turn one of the others, the one I let go rolls back to preset and doesn't 'hold'.
    * Cancelling a cue doesn;t seem to work. Watched online tutorial just to check I was doing it right, but it seems I was and it just didn't delete the cue point for some reason.

Sorry if I sound like an ungrateful git, but I suppose it's best to lay out the glitches so you know what to mend!

However, I'm glad to report that using a Dell Inspiron 1520 laptop with 2GB RAM and 1.86GHz CELERON CPU (yes, I said Celeron!) with Audio2DJ and VCI 100 works faultlessly with the tsi, in terms of working hardware. There are no glitches, pops or anything and very, very low latency. This is using an additional 8GB SD card for ReadyBoost on a Windows 7 64bit machine. I even ran 4 tracks at the same time, running loops in some, effects on some and using the juggle feature, and still no crashes, pops or glitches, so all seems to perfectly fine here apart from the odd thing within the mapping, it seems.

Keep up the fab work. I'm loving the slicer!
    Ableton 9.7.5, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, MOTU 828 Mk2, Nektar Impact LX61+, Ableton Push, Native Instruments Kore 2, and a random selection of soft synths and sample libraries.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, SanDisk Ultra Extreme SSDs and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GPU.

Did some mixing with my new VCI 100 SE and a Midi Fighter--work awesome in combination. Love having the extra controls. Everything seems to be working. Just need to do some more mixing.

And yes, make sure you have a fast computer this setup takes a lot of CPU. Recommendations: turn off all non-essential programs (including Itunes and everything else), turn off airport/wireless device, and turn off auto analyze/detect bpm on Traktor.

Will be messing around with it more, will post more soon.
    BlackBook, MidiFighter, Traktor Kontrol S4, AIAIAI TMA-1, Raw Passion

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Bunford View Post
    * FX Presets don't seem to change anything with lights 1, 2 and 3 always off, just blinking when pressed. But light 4 seems to be always on for some reason.
    The FX presets setup is a little bit odd, but here's what you need to do (if you already doing this, I don't know what's wrong tho)

Hold down one of the FX Preset buttons and while you are holding double press the monitor (headphone) buttons corresponding to the effects channel you want to change (left button is the 1st effect channel, right button is the 2nd effect channel). If you only press the monitor button once, it will change the effects in the channel but not the levels, pressing twice gets it all setup.

I'd really like to get the PLAY button behavior back to what it used to be -- e.g. go back to last cue point and keep playing rather than PLAY/PAUSE. Any easy way to change that?

Tech Guru

^^ yep the light stays on for whatever was the last effect set. Need to double hit the headphone button while also holding down the desired preset effect (1,2,3,4) and the light will change, stay lit and the fx will be set.

However Flash....i had the same freeze as in 3_3?

Tech Mentor

first up praise.........the new efx rock.combined with juggles make me feel like the dj god that i never will be..

the problem riddiman said on page 1 of the topic is happening alot.when slicing,the tempo bend is slowing down the track while slice is enabled,when released the track plays at normal speed.i don't think i even touched the outer rim but if i did its definately more responsive than it was because this never happened before.the overall feel of the tsi seems more solid i,e leds,fader fx.

also this tsi has tempo bend now (is this to remedy the jog scratch prob?)couldn,t get the shift jog function to work and guessing that its a casualty for jog scratch satisfaction.

i'm going to test everything today and will post thumbs up or down on the problems i've read about or encounter.

thanx guys

i can confirm that the red led preset lights all worked for me when pressed(extensively tested).i would urge all users that are testing this tsi to select vci in and out in preferences.i know about the lock up situation but if we all test it like this then it will be easier to diagnose the real problems.
    Last edited by calvin01; 03-07-2010 at 07:02 AM.

Tech Convert

Firmware 1.2
    Loaded TSI File twice (input / output set to vestax vci-100)
    importet (small button) midi fighter TSI (input / output set to midifughter)
    changed 4 deck layout everything else default

I still have the jogwhell problem when droping cue points with SHIFT + JOGWHEEL pressed thet the JOGWHEEL acts like in scratchmode.

That FX routing thing could be more intuitive in my opinion ... (something like pressing a "Deck" button and FX Button 1,2,3,4 to asign an effect to that deck ... dont know)

And ! the tempobend on deck B/D is falsly asingned i had to remap it to the outer rim of the jog wheel !!!!!

anyway thanks for your effort.

regards mogh

Last edited by mogh; 03-07-2010 at 02:15 PM.

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by CodeMorse View Post
    Bugger..... I got th LED sych problem too....

You need to use the headphone button as a "shift" for the corresponding deck to get the fx assignment i.e hold FX 1 and press headphone button on deck 1 to assign it, hope that helps. Personally I was nonplussed before I saw Ean do it on the vid. (That said I havent updated my tsi from DJTT since 2.4 I think)

Perfect!! the headphone "shift" worked perfectly. Thanks so much man.

Everything else seems to work well except the LED's. When I use a few functions all the LED's twitch,
    especially with the sampler.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast