VCI-100 Mapping Version 3_4 (Stable) - Page 11

View Poll Results: Is this mapping working well for you?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES!

17 19.77%
  • NEARLY PERFECT

27 31.40%
  • NEEDS SOME WORK

42 48.84%
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by marri View Post
    I thought this was product support? Please help.

best
    - Marri
    Marri, it sounds like you are having problems importing the tsi correctly since many others have used the tsi and not experienced the issues you have described. If Phil's recommendations didn't help you out please let us know so we can figure out where you are having difficulties.

Quote Originally Posted by dillinger23 View Post
    Hey Ean, having a problem with PRO 1 2 4. I have the original overlays (V2) and have been trying to use tsi 2.4 and 2.5 with the latest update of traktor. Both are behaving weirdly, lights are not working, etc. Bearing in mind the V2 overlays, and the 2.4/2.5 tsi's do i need to restore to good old 1 2 1/ 1 2 2 to get full use, or am i being thick somewhere.. (always a fair chance of that). Can you give me a definitive answer on which release of Pro 1.2 will work best with the V2 overlay and the tsi's i've got. many many thanks.
    Traktor 1.2.4 seems to have some issues with older TSIs that were created on older models of Traktor (now that 1.2.4 has some new mapping options). This is probably why you are experiencing strange behavior with VCI-100 2.4/2.5 mappings on Pro 1.2.4.

I have not checked to be able to verify it for you, but I believe that the older mappings should work fine on Traktor Pro models before 1.2.4 (like your 1.2.2 for example).

Quote Originally Posted by CodeMorse View Post
    Also can you provide some feedback about pops and clicks when using juggle 1-8 and shift buttons? (I think i posted about it but my memory is more of a rough guide of events atm) but yeah no matter when I press them fader up or down etc i get pops n clicks, this one has had me up the wall, there's nothing worse than declicking 2 hour minimal tech sets in something like Soundforge...
    I will take note of it but unfortunately I don't have a concrete solution for you as the click/pops seem to vary widely depending on your computer setup (I can't replicate it on mine but have heard similar stories). Some have been able to fix these noises by raising their audio latency, others by using the Bomes program to route their midi.

Quote Originally Posted by calvin01 View Post
    @flashflooder

i've noticed if i have a track on deck b playing at 131 bpm and on deck a the aerodynamic track that ean posted in another thread.i set up effect preset 4 and double tap the headphone of b and route to only deck a.i then select the effect 2 for control with the knobs at the top right of the vci.i have juggle 1-4 selected.so deck b is looped (simple breakbeat) and i hit deck A juggle 1,i then press the button to turn on the gater(the 4th and last button along)and move deck A jog back and forth whilst twisting the gater knob and hitting juggles 1-4 it freezes the vci.(it only seems to freeze as im twisting the knob and moving the jog back and forth.not after i press a juggle button.)happens alot,would say between 1 m and 4mins of use.(i tend to hit 1 with gater at 1/4 note pull back the platter then release platter and twist to 1/8 then pull back platter and start twisting and scratching with the jog.(i've not tried to re-create this the opposite way round though.)

also the single effect preset(shift and 4th button)for echo.the dry/wet knob cancels out the freeze function.i.e if i press the freeze button and turn the dry/wet knob it turns off freeze.

i've explained this as informed as i can so hope it is clear and simple to anyone who wants to try it.

rest of it has worked flawlessly for me.(not even pops and crackles!!)

thanx

edit:-the clicking/glitchy sound was down to my usb cable.djtt usb cable recommended.
    Calvin, thanks for your input. I tried to replicate making the controller freeze under your Juggle+Jog+FX Knob scenario but I couldn't get my controller to fail under those circumstances. I'm not sure exactly what's going on there except that all those actions result in a lot of midi data transfer and it could just be too much for your computer/controller to handle. I hope this isn't the case though and that you can find a way around it.

As for the delay dry/wet freeze issue, I was able to replicate that and will be investigating a fix for it very soon as I can see how it could be a big problem. Great find. Thanks for the feedback.
    Last edited by flashflooder; 03-29-2010 at 05:29 PM.

Tech Convert

I ´ve the problem too, that my VCI 100 freeze after 30 to 60 Minutes.
    Expecially when I´m using the fader fx often.

VCI FW 1.3, last Mapping 3.4 with fx route fix, Windows, latest Traktor Version

Version 3.3 works perfect, but with the fx route problem...

I hope for a mapping-update - thanks 4 all!

I had the same issue with my controller freezing after using fader FX mode. I also had the problem whereby the BPM rises up to a stupid amount after using the slice and echo hot keys. I recently bought the new overlay but won't be applying it until there is a stable version of this TSI as its too buggy at the moment. Once it is sorted though it will rock.
    http://mixcloud.com/audioaerosol
    Black MacBook 2.4ghz 750gb HD, 8gb RAM
    XDJ Aero & Rekordbox

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by flashflooder View Post
    If you download the latest mapping you should noticed that there are two TSIs "VCI-1003_4" and "VCI-1003_4 (FX FIX)". The TSIs are essentially the same except the "FX FIX" removes the functionality of the FX A/B/C/D Buttons lighting up (to correspond to Decks that the FX bank is active on) when holding the "Route FX" button. Removing this functionality corresponded with people no longer experiencing the Route FX clicking noise that some have encountered.
    i am aware of this workaround and am using it. but removing functionality is not a fix .

By the sounds of it the fix is to get a laptop that can handle it, but which laptop and what config is the burning question, that i feel can never be answered.

Find someone who has one thats working fine and replicate exactly
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Quote Originally Posted by sno View Post
    i am aware of this workaround and am using it. but removing functionality is not a fix .
    You are correct and this is something worth looking into. However, I should clarify that in the FX_FIX tsi, the Route FX functionality to turn the FX bank on/off each Deck works the same, the LEDs on the FX buttons just don't light up as this required a large dump of Midi data (causing the noises).

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by flashflooder View Post
    You are correct and this is something worth looking into. However, I should clarify that in the FX_FIX tsi, the Route FX functionality to turn the FX bank on/off each Deck works the same, the LEDs on the FX buttons just don't light up as this required a large dump of Midi data (causing the noises).
    i get the idea . were there any reports about the issue from mac users yet?

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast