Traktor mapping issue - X1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Traktor mapping issue - effect presets not loading correctly

Hello,

Basically I'm having a bit of a tiny issue, but still some what bothersome.

The way I mapped this button on my X1 is the following:

When I push shift + effect 3, the gater effect will load into effects 1 and 2 (in advanced mode) with different presets for each parameter. The problem is that not all of the parameter presets load correctly. For them to load correctly, I would need to push the button a second time.

Ex: The preset for the shape parameter on gater effect 1 should be at 0.50, however, when I push shift + effect 3, it may load at 0.2 (as an example). I will continue to hold the shift button and then push effect 3 once more and this parameter will then load at the correct preset of 0.5.

Does anyone know why this is? I would rather not have to push the button twice.

Thanks!
    Last edited by princesultan; 11-02-2011 at 07:03 PM.

There are two things, one is the options you set up for your effects and how they are recalled as a defined preset, check in the manual there's more to know exactly. The second thing (if that's relevant in your case) is whatever you'll do, you won't be able to overcome the fact that when changing from a type of fx mode (group to single or the other way round) to another you won't be able to get the parameters how you like them to be on a given effect. In a sense, Traktor needs a push first to change the fx mode and then call your preset.
    Latest mix

There’s also an almost hermetic community that exists in many areas of dance music, where serious hobbyists feed off each other’s expertise but barely connect to the industry – despite many of those involved actually working in it.

So essentially there's so work around and I'm stuck having to push the button twice in order to get the presets I want?

P.s. I always keep my effect banks in single mode. I never change that.

Tech Mentor

There is a loophole! Whether it's suppose to happen or not, if you select "invert" for the "effect amount" command while it's set to "inc", "dec", or "reset", that function caries over to "direct" commands. So here's what you do:

1. create a command for "effect amount" that has whatever modifier/focus/mapping/etc you desire
    2. set the interaction mode to "inc"
    3. check the "invert" box
    4. set the interaction mode over to "direct" and set your value

Hope that works out for what you're hoping to do! Let me know, because I know a LOT of people are having this problem, and if it does work for you, I'll make a new thread to let everyone know the solution.
    17" MBP, TP2, X1, MF Classic (soon to be custom), Custom VCI-100, Oxygen 25, Guitar Hero Guitar (inspired by DJTT!), MBox 3 (overkill, but swapping to Audio2)

Follow my Mod Projects and More on Facebook and Youtube

Tech Mentor

Edit: Since you use advanced fx, you'll want the command to be "effect param 'X' " instead of "effect 'X' amount"
    17" MBP, TP2, X1, MF Classic (soon to be custom), Custom VCI-100, Oxygen 25, Guitar Hero Guitar (inspired by DJTT!), MBox 3 (overkill, but swapping to Audio2)

So would I need to add completely new mappings or can I just modify my current mappings for what you said to do above?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by princesultan View Post
    So would I need to add completely new mappings or can I just modify my current mappings for what you said to do above?
    You can totally just modify what you have (assuming you have the commands for each parameter already set up). You just need to change it over to be "invert".

Ok cool. I'm going to modify what I've done in the next day or so and I'll report back!

wow, that actually worked! cool little tip. thanks dude!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast