LPD8 x2 (midifighter style)
    Tech Convert

Default LPD8 x2 (midifighter style)

Hi,
    I'm from liège (blegium, a small country xD).
    I'm looking at djtechtool since 1 year and i'm very interresting about midi fighter midi map.

I have a little question, is it possible to midi map 2 LPD8 akai like midi fighter in traktor ? (led feedback / shift etc... ?)
    Is it complicated to mod the two LPD8 into 1 case (with USB hub inside) to have a clean contrôler ?

I need a versatile padcontroler, lightweight with knob (ableton live / traktor midi/ tracktor timecode) and inexpensive (not have a lot of money actualy).
    So i think that 2 LPD8 is the better solution.

Sry for my bad english.

Tech Mentor

this might be an old thread but I'll answer anyway as I just started mapping my LPD8

You should be able to map all functions from the Midifighter without too many problems, about LED feedback I'm not sure, just researching that myself...
    to mod them together: no idea... but the controlers feel very sturdy and still very responsive, so a great choice especially for the price...

I've had this idea for quite a while now and generally think it's a wiser move if you're working on a budget.

But yeah- as for sticking them together it seems like a lot of effort for no real reason. just have them next to each other, it won't really make any difference. And if you have turned them into an all in one unit and one breaks what will you do? You can't easily replace the one that's broken.

LED feedback on LPD8's doesnt work well at all. Its due to the fact that the button itself changes the led state aswell as the traktor software. Leads to messy stuff!
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Tech Mentor

read a thread over at NI that you can add a short delay (12ms) using Midi Yoke i think - that way you can use the LEDs but havent tried it and seems a bit crappy...

Tech Wizard

put pads in editor in to "Toggle" mode, and when, for example, in traktor use as button hold mode, and led's work's pretty well

Tech Convert

LEDs work well for me!
    ...and another good option is to use the pad as a fader, for the FX is nice !

Tech Guru

im definitely considering this since ive been wanting to DIY MF, but i dont have the time to do it within the amount of time i want
    Hardware: Akai Max49, Maschine, Equator D5 monitors, Saffire Pro 14
    Software: Logic, Maschine
    My Neighbors Listen to House Music.. Because They Have To.

Tech Guru

just bought 2 lpd8s to test out the midifighter mapping on em
    Hardware: Akai Max49, Maschine, Equator D5 monitors, Saffire Pro 14
    Software: Logic, Maschine
    My Neighbors Listen to House Music.. Because They Have To.