akai apc40 - controlling the led's
    Tech Student

Default akai apc40 - controlling the led's

help.
    can someone please explain to me(in detail)
    how u can midi map ur lights to turn whatever color u want them, i got the apc40 so i can control cue points, loop rolls, and more in scratch.

i wanna be able to have 10 buttons turned to the color green and stay on untill i hit the buttons, as soon as i do.. they flash, indicating that they are turned on, and in use.(loop roll)

and then i wanna another row to be playing cue points and another row for setting cue points, of course these would be a different color as well..
    possibly orange and then turn red when hit?. not sure yet

i heard that maybe Bome might be the way for this, considering that that scratch cant send a midi signal back?

please... anyone ?

thnx in advance

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by henrygq View Post
    help.
    can someone please explain to me(in detail)
    how u can midi map ur lights to turn whatever color u want them, i got the apc40 so i can control cue points, loop rolls, and more in scratch.

i wanna be able to have 10 buttons turned to the color green and stay on untill i hit the buttons, as soon as i do.. they flash, indicating that they are turned on, and in use.(loop roll)

and then i wanna another row to be playing cue points and another row for setting cue points, of course these would be a different color as well..
    possibly orange and then turn red when hit?. not sure yet

i heard that maybe Bome might be the way for this, considering that that scratch cant send a midi signal back?

please... anyone ?

thnx in advance
    Bomes is probably the way, head over to there forum and check out the thread by joseph perkins who's doing some great work with the software...

Cheers
    D

Tech Student

where can i get a nice mapping for apc40 and traktor pro thx

Tech Wizard

@donspy I got it all mapped to mix internal if thats what your doing. Its pretty easy to map it. You should really try mapping it yourself that way it works with your work flow. Heres the link.
    http://rapidshare.com/files/366373468/APC40MAP.tsi.html
    If you decide to use it send me your email and i ll explain how everything works.
    @henrygq you need some sort of software if you want a buttons leds to do more than one action. I have my LEDS working with different colors but they either stay on or shut off when you press them. There is another thread in the forums that explains how to make them do 2 actions using send monitor states however when I tried using it I had audio problems. Maybe You will have better luck

Tech Student

Thanks for that..I will have a look on it