Turn launchpad into 4 midifighters
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Question Turn launchpad into 4 midifighters

Just wondering before I start re mapping my launchpad for some traktor usage. Has anyone mapped a launchpad to mimic a midi fighters mapping? If not i'll work on it tomorrow and release the tsi when I'm happy with it.

----

Edit:

The alpha version of the tsi is ready. The top left 8 x 8 square buttons and the up/down left/right arrow buttons are only used for now.

The up/down triangles allow you to move up and down the playlist and the left/right triangles allow you to load a track into the appropriate deck.

The top left 8x8 buttons mimic the midifighter. Shift states work and so does the fancy effect states as well. You can hold down an effect button then press a button above it to modify the effect.

I have 2 leds working for now, the play button and record button. I will implement more leds if i think they are needed, possibly to differentiate between cue buttons etc.

One final note, I didn't inspect the MidiFighter tsi so I haven't copied the effect parameters exactly. If you guys want that, I can do that otherwise I think they sound pretty good how they are (for now anyway )

If you find any problems/bugs please let me know.

Cheers
    Last edited by ibarry; 02-28-2010 at 04:41 PM.

Tech Mentor

I guess no one knows of a tsi then. I'll get to work on one... it shall be called frankenpad... unless you have a better name for a crossbreed launchpad

I'll release a beta tsi for testing later tonight once I get back

Tech Student

Sounds good. I might actually get a launchpad instead of the midi fighter if this works out.

Tech Mentor

I'm working on the first 8x8 mapping just now, fingers crossed I can actually pull this off

Dagn:P I always dreamt, that when I had the money I'd boy the Lauchpad, make a TSI(I'm good at making mappings, when I already have the controller and if someone want's some mappings what controller i have, I would make it) about 4xMidiFighter and post it here:S Since someone made it first I'm kinda sad:s But happy, that when I finally get one, it is working:P

Tech Mentor

All the basic stuff has been mapped now, cue points, play pause, pitch bend, shift states etc. Now onto the fun effect stuff

Tech Guru

if you have bome midi translator i have a script that will turn your launchpad into a midi fighter:
    http://code.google.com/p/djtt/source...%20Figher.bmtp
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by lsmith View Post
    if you have bome midi translator i have a script that will turn your launchpad into a midi fighter:
    http://code.google.com/p/djtt/source...%20Figher.bmtp
    Nice one, I may actually get the bome trial so I can make sure my mapping works similar to midifighter.

The mapping is almost complete now, just need to tidy some things up and add LED feedback etc but ill release a little alpha in an hour or so if people want a little play

Tech Mentor

The alpha version of the tsi is ready. The top left 8 x 8 square buttons and the up/down left/right arrow buttons are only used for now.

The up/down triangles allow you to move up and down the playlist and the left/right triangles allow you to load a track into the appropriate deck.

The top left 8x8 buttons mimic the midifighter. Shift states work and so does the fancy effect states as well. You can hold down an effect button then press a button above it to modify the effect.

I have 2 leds working for now, the play button and record button. I will implement more leds if i think they are needed, possibly to differentiate between cue buttons etc.

One final note, I didn't inspect the MidiFighter tsi so I haven't copied the effect parameters exactly. If you guys want that, I can do that otherwise I think they sound pretty good how they are (for now anyway )

Tech Mentor

No one found any problems with it? there must be at least one or two

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast