Problem with my VCI 300 and how can i get traktor pro to run smoothly with it!?
    Tech Student

Default Problem with my VCI 300 and how can i get traktor pro to run smoothly with it!?

hey folks was just after a bit of advice with my vestax vci 300 as its not working as it should... i will list these couple of things now

By the way before I start, I run a new macbook pro with Itch.

1. The left deck play/pause button is uber sensitive, i have adjusted it, but sometimes when messing around with the crossfader it will still stop/start that deck if i even hit the casing around the button with my paws-Frustrating!

2. The right deck "scratch" function does not work even though the indicator lights up when pressed, which is ok for what i use it for, ie: not scratching.. but its a pain in the hoop for cueing and nipping through tunes!!-also Frustrating!

anyone any ideas or had similar problems?

Also... sorry for the big post, but has anyone got bona fide good results with any tractor mappings for the vci 300 yet? and if so where can i find 'em and how (in laymans terms) can i get 'em!!??

cheers folks, look forward to hearing from you
    James

Tech Guru

those sound like hardware issues. Have you checked the Itch forum to see if others have had similar issues? Could be an easy fix if others have had the same problem.

Look a few post down. I put a .tsi for the 300. Honestly the 300 I think works best with Itch, and with 1.7 out now things are looking bright for Itch.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Tech Student

cheers for that mate, got the left deck sorted and the right deck has mysteriously now started to be a team player. good work.

About the traktor patch... when i download it and try and open it it says that it cant open beacause there is not a program that can use it??!! whats going on here?

Tech Guru

what traktor patch?

if you are talking about a .tsi (which is the mapping). All you do is download it. Then go to traktor - controller manager and import the .tsi. No need to open it.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300