How to restore MF settings to Default? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by tim55212 View Post
    hey guys my midifighter when i turned my laptop on to use traktor the shift button LED is on and all other buttons are not responding, how can i reset it?
    Hi Tim,
    The exact same happened to me recently.
    There is a post at the top of this section called Midifighter PCB fail FAQ which worked for me. I posted in that thread as well. Hope it helps!

Quote Originally Posted by elf View Post
    Hi Tim,
    The exact same happened to me recently.
    There is a post at the top of this section called Midifighter PCB fail FAQ which worked for me. I posted in that thread as well. Hope it helps!
    thanks heaps, have figured out how to fix it :P

Tech Convert

Default Ive previously flashed my MF

Well this may seem stupid but for some reason I cant remember how the reset chord works. I flashed my MF last year and then was able to reset it. I cant remember exactly how to do this again, I just need to reset it! A quick refresh would help as Ive looked through the forums and maybe Im just a bit too hung over from my show last night to really be effective. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Nathan

Quote Originally Posted by Fatlimey View Post
    The "factory reset chord" only exists in the latest firmware, so if you haven't updated your firmware you can't use it. All it does is visit each of the items in Menu Mode and set them to their default values. You can do the same manually, but it's just nice to have a boot-up option single key that does that for you.

If you can't enter Menu Mode, that's a fundamental hardware problem. Mail DJTT for a return.

If you can drop into Menu Mode and exit but still can't send MIDI, then the problem is inside your PC.

The lights at bootup briefly display the USB connection state:

Light 1 = Disconnected
    Light 2 = Enumerating
    Light 3 = Connected

As soon as the USB is connected, you should get your normal display (that depends on whether you have enabled Keypress Lights, and whether any MIDI notes are incoming)

Updating your Firmware is a good thing to do as the MIDI implementation is slightly more robust in the latest firmware (you can press keys faster and it handles them). Updating your firmware will have no effect on your computer, so make sure the problems are not there first.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by vnuts View Post
    Well this may seem stupid but for some reason I cant remember how the reset chord works. I flashed my MF last year and then was able to reset it. I cant remember exactly how to do this again, I just need to reset it! A quick refresh would help as Ive looked through the forums and maybe Im just a bit too hung over from my show last night to really be effective. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Nathan
    I would like to have that chorus too! Asap

It's pretty simple. In the same way you enter Menu Mode by holding down the top-left button while you plug in the USB cable, you can do a Factory Reset by holding down the key pattern:

. . . o
    . . o .
    . o . .
    o . . .

while plugging in the USB cable. It will flash twice then drop you into Menu Mode so you can check that the settings are back to the factory defaults.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Fatlimey View Post
    It's pretty simple. In the same way you enter Menu Mode by holding down the top-left button while you plug in the USB cable, you can do a Factory Reset by holding down the key pattern:

. . . o
    . . o .
    . o . .
    o . . .

while plugging in the USB cable. It will flash twice then drop you into Menu Mode so you can check that the settings are back to the factory defaults.
    Thanks! And merry xmas!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12