Brighton UK - Page 4
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Brighton UK

Tech Mentor

haha. sorry, the american coming out in me. im from the states so yeah... but a pint sounds good too!

1st of may is sadly no good for me, but I'm quite keen to get involved, when pos. Quite a lot of my day job is based around brighton, but I actually live in Rye about 50mins by train. I've got a large unit that I've in turned in to a pretty cool studio/noise room. The bonus is I can play music as loud as I want when I want, which is plus considering I've gotta 5000watt P.A. to play with. I know its a bit of a trek from brighton but you guys are more than welcome down for a digital jam/mixathon. There's a shed load of space for multiple set ups, Here's a pic of me and my fellow dj's having a session.

Apart from having a mix taking turns in the traditional sense, we have a lot fun midi clock syncing all our kit together. This allows us to play as band-ish, one of my mates often does the beats on his N.I. Maschine and the remaining three of us use Traktor to add bass line's, synth leads and so on. We find this a great way to really learn the power of traktors fx, obviously things get a little out of hand at time's, but it rears some great results too. When we have jam's like this our goal is to try and use the software as an instrument. What I think would be pretty cool thing to do is, try work out a night that would show the pros of digital dj'ing, create some routines that couldn't be reproduced on a traditional dj set up. Doing something like that really fly the flag for what Dj TechTools and digital dj'ing is all about!

(the pic in the middle is my new best friend the scratchophone, a portable scratch device)
    Last edited by Dubba Dutch; 04-18-2010 at 06:26 PM.

cool djalexlaine i'm from Zimbabwe been here a few years now. whats the plan? i've been asked to play friday at the Northern Lights Pub. still considering it. Played there a few times. maybe hook up there? It's a summer party.

Dubba Dutch you guy's look like you have loads of fun. very interested to check out one of sessions and maybe contribute,

It's not the gear. It's how you use it.
    limitations are the source of creativity.
    If you don't practice you don't want it.

http://soundcloud.com/zimfella

Tech Mentor

yeah man, i still need to check my diary... i will send you a text tomorrow. i can either come down on friday and hang or i may be down on saturday... im trying to consolidate some travel...

Tech Mentor

hey zimfilla, sorry bout not get back to you. turns out i need to be in london first thing saturday. so friday is no good for me. hows sunday afternoon?

hi Alex

Sunday is not good for me. maybe the weekend after maybe the 2nd? it is bank holiday weekend. I had a listen to your mixes today, tight mixes. My music taste is quite similar.

lookinmg forward to hooking up

Tech Mentor

sounds good. the second looks good to me!

right cool

so here's what i reckon

2nd May
    2pm
    Northern lights Pub
    Little east street
    Brighton

If anybody else wants to hook up I'll be there and Djalexlaine. We can discuss stuff, book our first night if we're keen to do a gig and drink beer!

what do you think?

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast