Brighton UK - Page 19
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Brighton UK

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zimfella View Post
    Maxone are you playing at that gig?
    From what I recall in his Facebook message I think Max is putting the event on (promoting) as well as DJing.

Yes Karlos, thanks again for your input on fb mate, happy with the name now, says it pretty well eh.

@zimfella Yeah I'm promoting it and djing, playing the last hour. be cool if you can make it down. Good luck with the Friday gig too

Nice one
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

DJing / Promoting this night in Brighton tonight!!

http://www.residentadvisor.net/event.aspx?463487

Rocky [X-Press 2] @ The Loft, Ship St, Brighton
    Max One
    DJ Misiu

Nice one
    Mx1

PS this was X Press 2 bigun

PPS this was my favorite
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Hi, Naxone, how was your night? Sorry I didn't make it. Was knackered from the night before.
    It's not the gear. It's how you use it.
    limitations are the source of creativity.
    If you don't practice you don't want it.

http://soundcloud.com/zimfella

I live in Brighton/Hove, not sure about a controllerist, but use a Z2 and turntables with Traktor Scratch Pro, so sort of inbetween.

I was doing a night at the Hotel Pelirocco last year, but a baby and flat renovation stopped that, now working out a four deck thing with a friend, always looking to play out, but rubbish at the 'sell' and don't want to play gastro pubs!

I play all sorts really, hip hop, bass, chilled if it is a bar or pub, more full on if it is something livelier. Have been djing for 20 years and also do some production, with a (sort of) studio in my flat and I spend some time working with a producer/artist where I have learned alot about production.

We could collaberate on a night somewhere?

6ft Stereo

Default Brighton dj's

HI there,

I am a DJ (18 years behind turntables) living in the Brighton Hove area, for the last two years. I was doing a night at the Hotel Pelirocco last year, but babies and flat renovations kinda sucked all my spare time and energy, for a while. I guess I border the DJ/controller thing, I recently bought a Z2, after jumping to Traktor from Serato last year. Always used cuepoints, loops since I started using a DVS, but it depends on what sort of music I am playing etc...

Currently putting a four deck thing together with a friend, making the most of turntablism/controllerism and everything between.

When we are ready, we'll be putting ourselves out and about, always looking for solo gigs too, but a bit rubbish at the self promo thing and don't want to play in pubs where no-one gives a shit.

Stoked there is a thread on here for Brighton, I never find out what is on until too late!

Nice one

Chris/6ft Stereo

Hi 6ft stereo. Welcome to the forum! Yeah there are quite a few of us here from Sussex /South East UK. Organised a meet up once and only one other djtt member turned up. We did end up doing a few gigs together. Anyway will have to try again!

Did you here about the guy shot and killed outside hbar? Crazy stuff. You'd think that only happens in USA.

Quote Originally Posted by zimfella View Post
    Did you here about the guy shot and killed outside hbar? Crazy stuff. You'd think that only happens in USA.
    Used to live on the corner of Hove street/Princess avenue. Moved to Jakarta Indonesia 5 years ago. In a city of over 22 million people with high level corruption only heard of 1 assassination in the last 8 years.
    Leave sleepy Hove and look's whats happening!!! That's why we left Manchester for Brighton years ago. Hope it's a contained incident?

Brighton going a bit crazy at the mo, there was a highspeed car chase which took out 4 cop cars to lol